Genesis 8 compatibles not working for me

2»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    mhscspo said:
    Mistara said:

okay. i think that narrows it down to your carrara communicating with the library folder.

hmmm

,actually, this screenshot here looks odd
    there is a top folder there named 'people'
    and there's a folder named 'My Daz3d Library Runtime'

there should be a folder name there to match exactly 

"My Daz 3D Library"

remove that >data  folder

remove that >people  folder

if  >My Daz3d Library Runtime  is not a poser folder, remove that >My Daz3d Library Runtime  folder

go into add runtime, when it asks what type, don't select poser, the other option is for daz library,
    then browse to exactly this folder:  C:\Public Documents\My Daz 3D Library

this is the top folder to connect to --> My Daz 3D Library

after it's connected you should see My Daz 3D Library in the carara browser tray, People folder will be a subfolder under it.

crossfingers

i dont have any screenshots handy for adding/removing folders.

my area has a tropical storm coming, i have to bring in my patio stuff. weather channel is saying up to 35mph winds >.<.

ok, this what I did as per your  instructions, the only way the folder loaded into the content window was as "Libraries" and not My Daz 3D Library, (screenshot #3), I opened that folder and there was no "people folder as a sub-menu, there is one in it for Character wich in turn has  Daz People folder...Something is afoot here!!

i don't remember seeing DAZ People except in Poser. i'm guessing this is your dson poser folder you're adding. this isn't what you need for carrara.

the true Daz Studio  My Daz 3D Library  won't have a Daz People folder.

it's just People

with all genesis folders under it.

Find where you installed this!! and connect this as "content"  you want the folder just above 'data'

people folder.JPG
    491 x 190 - 23K
    content.JPG
    622 x 356 - 37K
  • mhscspomhscspo Posts: 101
    Mistara said:
    mhscspo said:
    Mistara said:

okay. i think that narrows it down to your carrara communicating with the library folder.

hmmm

,actually, this screenshot here looks odd
    there is a top folder there named 'people'
    and there's a folder named 'My Daz3d Library Runtime'

there should be a folder name there to match exactly 

"My Daz 3D Library"

remove that >data  folder

remove that >people  folder

if  >My Daz3d Library Runtime  is not a poser folder, remove that >My Daz3d Library Runtime  folder

go into add runtime, when it asks what type, don't select poser, the other option is for daz library,
    then browse to exactly this folder:  C:\Public Documents\My Daz 3D Library

this is the top folder to connect to --> My Daz 3D Library

after it's connected you should see My Daz 3D Library in the carara browser tray, People folder will be a subfolder under it.

crossfingers

i dont have any screenshots handy for adding/removing folders.

my area has a tropical storm coming, i have to bring in my patio stuff. weather channel is saying up to 35mph winds >.<.

ok, this what I did as per your  instructions, the only way the folder loaded into the content window was as "Libraries" and not My Daz 3D Library, (screenshot #3), I opened that folder and there was no "people folder as a sub-menu, there is one in it for Character wich in turn has  Daz People folder...Something is afoot here!!

i don't remember seeing DAZ People except in Poser. i'm guessing this is your dson poser folder you're adding. this isn't what you need for carrara.

the true Daz Studio  My Daz 3D Library  won't have a Daz People folder.

it's just People

with all genesis folders under it.

Find where you installed this!! and connect this as "content"  you want the folder just above 'data'

if you look at the pictures of the folder structure for the public documents you will see no contentent folder, the Daz installer did it that way but there is a people folder inside, what I did do is unzip the Daz genesis 8 and manually installed the folder inside the My Daz 3D Library folder and then placed your folders hopefully in the appropiate folders, when I tried to add the runtime folder inside of Carrara  and selected the content sub folder it said there is no valid runtime folder inside, so then I just clicked on add folder in added the My Daz 3D Library folder and then clicked on content and now the My Daz 3D Library is in the Carrara content.
    take a look at your installers and see if they are complete the g8 male and g8 female are slightly different as far as the amount of folders inside..I'm still getting the same results..

Daz3d_Pro4_My Library Folder Structure_09192017.jpg
    1032 x 611 - 70K
    Daz3d_Pro4_My Library Folder Structure2_09192017.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 253K
    MistyLaraPrincess_zip Files.JPG
    564 x 194 - 24K
    edited September 2017

we havent connected to the correct folder yet.

on the carrara tray there are 2 folders for camera presets, and the data folder is on a sublevel. 
    it doesnt match the search folder, where data folder is where it should be and thee is no content subfolder. 

lets try this to find the folder path, smiley

open daz studio, go to where you loaded genesis 8 for the test yesterday,  

right-click the thumbnail for genesis 8 female or male,
    a menu should give an option, says either go to folder or open in folder or show in folder

come back post the file path to the thumbnail, or screenshot it

cap1.jpg
    558 x 376 - 56K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    Mistara said:

we havent connected to the correct folder yet.

on the carrara tray there are 2 folders for camera presets, and the data folder is on a sublevel. 
    it doesnt match the search folder, where data folder is where it should be and thee is no content subfolder. 

lets try this to find the folder path, smiley

open daz studio, go to where you loaded genesis 8 for the test yesterday,  

right-click the thumbnail for genesis 8 female or male,
    a menu should give an option, says either go to folder or open in folder or show in folder

come back post the file path to the thumbnail, or screenshot it

here is the file path;

Daz3d_Pro4_My Library Folder Structure_Beta.jpg
    1919 x 677 - 99K

the \data folder under \Content subfolder,  move it up to merge with the data folder under My DAZ 3D library
    those are the dsf files carrara is looking for 

the \Runtime folder under \Content subfolder, move it up to merge with the Runtime folder under My DAZ 3D library

close carrara and re open to update/refresh everything
    try loading a genesis 8 beta 

cap1.jpg
    954 x 464 - 69K

i'll wait a few more minutes,

need sleepy soonest 

Mistara said:

the \data folder under \Content subfolder,  move it up to merge with the data folder under My DAZ 3D library

the \Runtime folder under \Content subfolder, move it up to merge with the Runtime folder under My DAZ 3D library

no mojo ?

oh well.  i have to be working on my kapow entry 

Mistara said:
    Mistara said:

no mojo ?

oh well.  i have to be working on my kapow entry 

sorry it took me a lil'l bit to get back with you had a medical emergency but I'm feeling better now, guess what!, SUCCESS!!!!!. I finally got the g8 beta installed, I completely uninstall Daz studio 4.9 and I mean completely, reinstalled it  and installed g8 beta as the first items in Daz studio, and looky here.....Thanks for you unselfish tutelage

Genesis Beta G8 Female_Male Installed09202017.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 426K
  • Hey, congratulations!

And, a huge attagirl to Misty.  Marathon Woman!!!

Hey, congratulations!

thank you....

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,341
    mhscspo said:

Hey, congratulations!

thank you....

Glad you got it sorted - big thanks to Misty for helping out !!!!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Misty's commitment to Carrara is so uplifting... it would a bit quiet in here without her inventiveness and expertise!  yes Silene

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

+1

SileneUK said:

Misty's commitment to Carrara is so uplifting... it would a bit quiet in here without her inventiveness and expertise!  yes Silene

SileneUK said:

A big Amen to that!!

Cheers smileysmiley