Genesis with M4 texture in Poser - possible?

natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

As far as I understand, the Genesis figure should be able to use Gen 4 textures. Doesn't work for me though. Is there one of the countless add-ons that I need to buy for this to be possible?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited December 1969

Load the Basic Male from the Figure library, or apply the Basic Male material setting to Genesis, or use the free presets from Mec4D to apply the M4 mapping - Poser doesn't have built-in commands for UV set switching so it will happen only when using a .duf preset through the DSON Importer.

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited December 1969

Richard's answer is (as always) correct, but as I have Poser open in front of me, I can elaborate a little:

Load up your Genesis figure from the "Figures" library (doesn't matter if it's the default figure, M5 or whatever).

Now go to the Materials Library and apply one of the "Sample Jeremy" materials.

Now you can apply any M4 texture.

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you both! Will have to try that ASAP :)

edited December 1969

Works like a charm!
    One minor set-back though - now the dental plan textures don't work. But you can't have everything ;)

000.jpg
    447 x 647 - 83K
    edited December 1969

It is possible to change the mapping on a material-by-material basis, but that really needs a custom preset - though if you have access to the DS settings for Dental Plan they should take care of setting the UV set.

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I mix and match UV sets all the time with Genesis in DS... I can't see why this wouldn't work in Poser if the character has a certain UVS enabled... Richard, with DSON can't you just bring in a character you've created in DS say, saved as a scene subset, and have it work with whatever UVS you used? Or does DSON default back to a certain UVS?

edited December 1969

That should work, but it depends on having access to DS. If you have that you can also make your own presets to apply any combination of uv sets you like to Genesis.

edited April 2013

That should work, but it depends on having access to DS. If you have that you can also make your own presets to apply any combination of uv sets you like to Genesis.

Ok, I really can't be bothered with that. I am not compatible with the user interface in DS. I'd rather edit the textures in Photoshop.
    You've helped me lots - thanks again :)

Post edited by natrix natrix on
    edited December 1969

Yes, I was fairly sure you didn't use DS which was why I hadn't suggested trying to make your own presets or using scenes.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

Mec4d has a script to change the UVs within Poser...

http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=product&productId=86&product_id=86

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the links :)