[Released] Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 8 Female (Windows Only)

2»

Comments

• veenveen Posts: 137

Awesome Support from the author: Change the Crispness to 100% that makes the add-on working properly and now you can save your file

Thanks for helping me out RiverSoft Art

• veen said:

Awesome Support from the author: Change the Crispness to 100% that makes the add-on working properly and now you can save your file

You are welcome!  Thank you for working with me to figure the issue out. I will submit a fix so that you can use the crispness properly.  But for now, changing Crispness to 100% will work.

veen said:

You are welcome!  Thank you for working with me to figure the issue out. I will submit a fix so that you can use the crispness properly.  But for now, changing Crispness to 100% will work.

Ok i discovered that you first need to set Crispness to 100% than your able to view the model properly, After that you can dail down the Crispness to your needs

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289
    mats76 said:

Have the same issue with no preview, cleared the temp folder restarted Daz but still the same issue. Just to try did I ad an text line blindly to the torso, instead of the text line I got a big mouth and eybrows across the torso and Daz became very unresponsive. 

If the Preview image looks like that blocky/blurry circle, it won't work to generate the Tattoo itself.  

Can you PM me your email address so I can send you a debug version of the script?

Pm sent with email address.

Thanks

Mats  

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

Unlike some others no problmes firing up the script.  However, after I do a little such as enter text, change font and size, and adjust position the vertical position start automagically adjusting itself so the text scrolls up the screen!!!

• SimonJM said:

Unlike some others no problmes firing up the script.  However, after I do a little such as enter text, change font and size, and adjust position the vertical position start automagically adjusting itself so the text scrolls up the screen!!!

What exactly do you mean?  Are you adjusting the Vertical Location slider and it seems to get stuck, constantly changing?  Or you are doing nothing, and the preview just keeps changing?  

I do nothing and the slider moves to the left all by itself and the text motors on up the screen! ;)

Ok, just tried it to check, and .... loading the script and just clicking on the + on the Hoizontal Location once makes the slider march to the right (and once it gets to 100% it 'rebounds and heads back down! ... just noticed that as I am typing!), and clickign once on the - on the Vertiocal Location sends that slider marching on down to -100% (where, I am sort of glad to say, it stops), as does the Horizontal setting if I wait long enough.  Dragging th sliders is fine, but it looks liek if you click on either of the + or - signs it will 'auto-repeat' the click

• SimonJM said:

Ok, just tried it to check, and .... loading the script and just clicking on the + on the Hoizontal Location once makes the slider march to the right (and once it gets to 100% it 'rebounds and heads back down! ... just noticed that as I am typing!), and clickign once on the - on the Vertiocal Location sends that slider marching on down to -100% (where, I am sort of glad to say, it stops), as does the Horizontal setting if I wait long enough.  Dragging th sliders is fine, but it looks liek if you click on either of the + or - signs it will 'auto-repeat' the click

I have noticed this behavior occasionally. I think that the helper application can take too long to respond or something (it is called when you change settings).   Unfortunately, I do not have control over the slider internals so I do not know if this is something I can fix. sad I will keep playing with it.

SimonJM said:

I have noticed this behavior occasionally. I think that the helper application can take too long to respond or something (it is called when you change settings).   Unfortunately, I do not have control over the slider internals so I do not know if this is something I can fix. sad I will keep playing with it.

Good luck!

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,514
    edited October 2017

First off, I want to apologize to those who have been having issues with Word Tattoo.  The issue has been fixed and has been submitted to Daz. 

The issue that some people are experiencing with Word Tattoo has to do with the decimal mark on some international computers.  The Daz script passes the crispness number as a string to the Win32 helper program using a period ("0.2").  However, the helper program was localized and expected the decimal mark to be whatever the country uses (which in some cases is a comma, e.g., "0,2").  Until the update gets pushed out, if you have problems, please set the Crispness to 100% (which passes a "1" to the helper program).  I apologize for the inconvenience.  

BTW, the new script will work with Genesis 2 Female, except that the fingers/fingernails/toes will not be placed correctly.  I thought this might be a nice gift for the inconvenience some suffered. smiley

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

First off, I want to apologize to those who have been having issues with Word Tattoo.  The issue has been fixed and has been submitted to Daz. 

The issue that some people are experiencing with Word Tattoo has to do with the decimal mark on some international computers.  The Daz script passes the crispness number as a string to the Win32 helper program using a period ("0.2").  However, the helper program was localized and expected the decimal mark to be whatever the country uses (which in some cases is a comma, e.g., "0,2").  Until the update gets pushed out, if you have problems, please set the Crispness to 100% (which passes a "1" to the helper program).  I apologize for the inconvenience.  

BTW, the new script will work with Genesis 2 Female, except that the fingers/fingernails/toes will not be placed correctly.  I thought this might be a nice gift for the inconvenience some suffered. smiley

thank you very much:) maybe 1 more question on how to make the text more Dark(black), mine show grey on the character and almost invisible with different fonts

tat.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 433K
  • veen said:
    thank you very much:) maybe 1 more question on how to make the text more Dark(black), mine show grey on the character and almost invisible with different fonts

First off, please make sure the color box is black.  smiley  Also, since you were having problems with crispness, please set it to 100% so we can eliminate that as a problem.  Otherwise, is this a figure with Iray materials? I used to see this if Word Tattoo only applied the tattoo to the Base Color.  Word Tattoo also applies it to Translucency color channel (which will make it darker).  Can you verify it is in that channel as well?

edited October 2017
    veen said:

First off, please make sure the color box is black.  smiley  Also, since you were having problems with crispness, please set it to 100% so we can eliminate that as a problem.  Otherwise, is this a figure with Iray materials? I used to see this if Word Tattoo only applied the tattoo to the Base Color.  Word Tattoo also applies it to Translucency color channel (which will make it darker).  Can you verify it is in that channel as well?

yes i add the iray material to the skin, after that i create a tattoo. i only have white in my Translucency slot

Post edited by veen on
  • RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,514
    edited October 2017
    veen said:
    veen said:

yes i add the iray material to the skin, after that i create a tattoo. i only have white in my Translucency slot

What was in the Translucency Color channel BEFORE calling Word Tattoo?  Word Tattoo looks for a mapped Translucency Color channel (i.e., there is a filename used in it).  If it is not mapped, the channel will be ignored.  

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

i think its working fine now;)

• veen said:

i think its working fine now;)

Great!  

Enjoy!

• The update with the bug fixes is now available for download.

• Word Tattoo will be coming for Mac!  I finally got it working, and I am working with someone right now to test it and on how to best package up the project to work on Mac.  After that, I will submit it as an update to the current Word Tattoo for G3F-G8F

• Word Tattoo will be coming for Mac!  I finally got it working, and I am working with someone right now to test it and on how to best package up the project to work on Mac.  After that, I will submit it as an update to the current Word Tattoo for G3F-G8F

Good news, bad news. 

Bad news first: The tester was not able to get it working on his Mac.  I do not have any more time to take on this.  No Mac Support. sad  

Good news: I added support for adjusting the automatic tattoo locations.  For example, if you want to put a Word Tattoo on the fingers, Word Tattoo will automatically place each letter on each finger.  However, now you can use the Horizontal/Vertical Locations sliders to tweak the position.  I submitted the update today so in 1-2 weeks you should see this.

Other Good News: I submitted the Word Tattoo for Genesis 3 and 8 Male today (Windows Only).