Carrara Challenge 35 - Tribute to Cripeman - Kapow - Voting Thread

2»

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Entry:  #6  Title: Replicators  Artist: Stezza
    - makin me teary for Cripeman

Entry:  #11  Title:  Damsel Melodrama Silent Film  Artist:  Diomede (ted Murphy)
    - film noir.  with cleavage 

Entry:  #13  Title:  A Howl of Sorrow and Remembrance  Artist:  UnifiedBrain
    - beautiful blue planet. i like to call home.  with buppy!

and HMs for everybody smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I'm sure Cripeman would be over the moon with all these entries...

I hope his family & friends get to see these as well..

Good job everyone you all are winners but alas there can only be 3 prize getters so my choices are:

Entry:  #5

Title: End of An Era

Artist: Mark D. Olsen (MDO2010)

Entry:  #11

Title:  Damsel Melodrama Silent Film

Artist:  Diomede (Ted Murphy)

Entry:  #14

Title:  Wait for it...

Artist:  UnifiedBrain

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Entry: #11

Title: Damsel Melodrama Silent Film

Artist: Diomede (ted Murphy)

Entry: # 19

Title: «Ode to Rego»

Artist: Headwax

Entry: # 4

Title: Homage to an Icon - Frank Frazetta

Artist: Bunyip02

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Really sorry not to have found the time for this one, but you guys have done Cripeman proud. Again so difficult to choose, but here are my final votes.

Entry:  #8

Title: KAPOW!

Artist: Stezza

Entry:  #13

Title:  A Howl of Sorrow and Remembrance

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

I'm embarrassed to admit I totally lost track of the submission and voting dates for this contest, never got around to submitting my stuff sad  But so many others did such great work this time it's hard to narrow down my choices:

Entry:  #5

Title: End of An Era

Artist: Mark D. Olsen (MDO2010)

(I love the low poly approach and look, just terrific, while still remaining poignant.)

Entry: # 18

Title: «Moon Gate On the Ice Planet»

(Absolutely strikingly beautiful.  Just arresting.)

Entry:  #8

Title: KAPOW!

Artist: Stezza

(The concept was just genius on this one.)

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited October 2017

Wow - hardest contest to judge yet (for me). Lots of emotions/ideas and technique competing. Crazy capabilites (Carrara), and wonderful application (you guys). All winners, but I gotta pick:

Entry: #14, Title:  Wait for it..., Artist:  UnifiedBrain - has it all - great celebration of great guy...

Entry: # 19,  Title: Ode to Rego,  Artist: Headwax - one of the coolest things I've ever seen rendered. damn.

Entry:  #8, Title: KAPOW!, Artist: Stezza - tears to eyes, thanks for that elegant piece.

very much liked the wolf, damsel(s), npr tombstone, angel, planets, snakecharmer, blueprints, etc. bravo all.

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Entry:  #8, Title: KAPOW!, Artist: Stezza

Entry:  #14, Title:  Wait for it..., Artist:  UnifiedBrain

Entry: # 15, Title: “Alien from the Dark”, Artist: Vyusur

Voting is Closed

Announcements will be made soon.

Challenge Results

Unified Brain (12 total votes, and #14 Wait for it  got most votes for single image)  1st place - Daz owned item up to $100 and three items from the sponsor's Daz store

Stezza (#8 Kapow! had second most votes)  2nd place - Daz owned item up to $50 and two items from the sponsor's Daz store

Head Wax (#19 Ode to Rego) 3rd place - Daz owned item up to $25 and one item from the sponsor's Daz store

MDO2010 (#5 End of an Era) ​ Honorable Mention: DAZ 3D owned product up to $10 and one item the sponsor's store

​MDO2010 (#5 End of an Era) Special $20 GC for Kapow

​Diomede (#11 Damsel Melodrama Silent)  Honorable Mention: DAZ 3D owned product up to $10 and one item the sponsor's store

​I will be sending a message to the winners before Monday.

​Excellent job, everyone. 

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Congrats UnifiedBrain, Stezza, MDO2010 and Diomede!  Very good renders.

Thanks Horo, David Brinnen and DAZ.  But of course thanks also go for the special GiftCard!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,339

Congratulations to all the winners, and a big well done to all the entrants.

Thanks to the sponsors, as well as Diomede for being the host.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Congratulations to all the winners!

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496

Congratulations to all the winners - great entries from everyone!

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Congratulations everyone!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Congrats to all the winners and also to everyone who took part, wonderful work and a fitting tribute to the much missed Cripeman.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Diomede, thanks for hosting, and going the extra mile to make this happen.  Can't say it enough.

So many great images (and hard work).  I feel very fortunate.

Hope that Mr. Cripe is pleased, and resting easier.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Congrats to everyone who put work in, It's wonderful to see the quality of work jumping up notch by notch!

Thanks Horo and David Brinnen and Daz :)

And thanks so much to Diomede for hosting once more!

Looking forward to seeing what UB comes up with :) 

Thanks @diomede a job well done... 

thanks for all of you that liked my images and voted for them... really does mean a lot.. congrats to all the challenge prize winners, great tributes by all.

And thanks to all the sponsors... with spring in the air I feel like an ice cream angel

hope to see more new Carrara users participate in the next Mighty Carrara Challenge which I think will be hosted by UnifiedBrain yes

Congratulations to all, especially the winners!  And a huge thank you to Diomede for doing a terrific job hosting!

Have heard from Daz, so winners check your accounts.  This 35th challenge is officially completed.  Great work, folks -I believe Cripeman enjoyed it from a higher vantage point.

The baton has been handed to UnifiedBrain's exceptionally capable hands.  

Thank you Diomede!

Working on the next theme.  But first I want to thank Daz for sponsoring this tribute Challenge, and to also acknowledge the special PA sponsors, Horo and David Brinnen.  These talented artists (each very famous, especially in the Bryce world) stepped up in unusual circumstances (a long story).  Many thanks to you both!  Many items in their stores work wonderfully in Carrara.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2017

Tough decision as always. Had to boil things down to things like: Hmmm... that pose looks incomplete compared to this one, sort of stuff along with: Wow, nice job of pulling off the challenge! sort of thing. 

In all, however, hats off to all entries and their artists! Bravo to All!!!

But alas, the boiling comes down to only three:

Entry:  #14

Title:  Wait for it...

Entry:  #11

Title:  Damsel Melodrama Silent Film

Artist:  Diomede (ted Murphy)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Thanks Dart, for the late vote!  Appreciated.

I just got the green light from Daz to structure the next Challenge the same way as the last one I hosted.  Hoping to get rolling by Friday.

In the meantime, start working on those skin shaders!

cheeky

cheeky

Way to tease the next challenge.  yes  

Had you seen that I am working on a procedural skin shader for Misty's G8M?  Or, is this a coincidence?  Or, could you mean that we will be showing lots of skin (pin-up theme?).  I am in suspense!  (Which means you are doing great already).

Here is a post that is part of my skin experiments.  Magaremoto, PhilW, and some of the other realism experts might get a chuckle out of my naivete attempts at skin imperfections, but am learning a lot from the exercise.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2826851/#Comment_2826851

Magaremoto was kind enough to give a few screenshots of part of his method in the Carrara renders thread, and since then I've been back to my old obsession, rendering hundreds of bald Vickies in trying to get better and more realistic skin, I have admit thanks to his tip I'm doing better than I ever did before  :)

Diomede, I hadn't seen your efforts on the procedural skin shader before, really cool and interesting approach and I think you're getting some excellent results.

cheeky

ooops.....

there goes my getting an early start for a SpookTober guess.... 

back to the drawing board cool

Thanks Dart, for the late vote!  Appreciated.

I just got the green light from Daz to structure the next Challenge the same way as the last one I hosted.  Hoping to get rolling by Friday.

cheeky

What on Earth is wrong with me these days?!!! 

Congratulations to All!!!