Scripts or add-on that does pins and locks items, not parents

Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758
edited September 2017 in Product Suggestions

I'd like a one-click solution to have my character PIN in place with preset options...

So it would be....

1) PIN Element (let's say FEET). That measn everything from the ankles up is free to be adjusted. But the feet don't move from where thay are. Add new poses? No, the feet do not move.

Pin - Knees down/waist down. That means my character could be sitting down and stay sitting down while I manipulate and address the upper body. etc......

2) FREEZE (different than pin) it'd be a preset that LOCKS a hand(s)/arms/whatever in a shape/partial pose-  no matter what other poses the figure gets thrown in.

3) LOCK IN SPACE. No matter what else I do, the Locked in section does not move....great for hanging off ledges and such. It goes off the XYZ so in 3D space the selected elements DO NOT shift or move from where they are. Great for animation like someone being dragged behind something.

4) GLUE (probably impossible at this point) Works by parenting a weight and an affected target. So I might choose the baseball as the weight and the hand as the glue point. That means when I move the baseball, the figure REACTS like ragdoll physics or IK so that the figure is being pulled or pushed by the weighted object. Combines easily with FREEZE so that the hand stays gripping the baseball.....

------------------------------

I don't know enough how Daz works to realy on scripts for all this, but I could also see these as dials as you 'dial in' an amount of any feature so a character could be Totally LOCKED or just INFLUENCED by a %.

And I'd also love a right-click menu that also is done as an add-on that you don't need a new script, just an add-on app that creates a new set of menus.

I'd love to just pick the hand and right-click and see a list of menus and sub-menus with a bunch of these choices...

AND FOR ONCE, if we open another window, the choices are laid out in nearest object order. So if the hand is what I choose to Glue to something, the list that opens up does not start with EVERY Object in the scene, but it radiates outward.

-------------------

One can dream...

Post edited by Griffin Avid on