PoserPro 2012 noob

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,844
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

I am used to Poser7 but PP2012 seems to have some quirks I never encountered before.
Also DSON and Genesis new territory for me.
I just lost a scene I saved when it crashed after a render
never had THAT happen before, admittedly I left it untitled but in its own folder
one thing to lose my video but another to lose my entire saved Scene!
was wiped!
Any suggestions for avoiding this?
( titling the scene first step obviously )
also Genesis DSON clothing tutes,
I can get it in but not conformed correctly, all above body parts, asked on main thread but as others do it, I must be missing something
so are there any threads on it?

Comments

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

My guess is that it's an issue with binary morphs, which have been known to cause issues with V4, so I suppose it could ba an issue with DSON too. To disable them, go to General Preferences, and under the Misc tab(IIRC; I'm not at my Poser computer) uncheck "Use External Binary Morphs" and that hopefully will take care of the problem. You might file a bug report, though, as it really should work; they might do a postmortem on your scene...

To get the clothing to conform to Genesis, load and conform it and then run the script Scripts>DSON>Transfer Active Morphs.

Good Luck! :)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,844
    edited December 1969

thank you Wand, going to try that now.
    I uncheck that to use dyntomorphs py on clothes to open pz3 scenes in Carrara
    but
    Genesis Poser scenes are a right mess opened in Carrara to say the least!
    I have a weightpainted Poser figure conversion utility by Fenric that fixes figures for Carrara but since Genesis loads directly in C8.5 correctly anyway not needed, might need to just export the clothes and a pz2 for a new instance of Genesis
    I will tackle THAT bridge later
    that binary morphs thing is a real mystery to me but does indeed have huge effects on saved scenes as I have found.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,844
    edited April 2013

I tried something interesting
    (no unchecking the binary morphs made no diff)
    I conformed the basic female to my figure and the ready done clothes to her after transfering active morphs
    both sort of work
    so it is something in my save that is wrong

dson_mum.jpg
    1910 x 1039 - 266K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

The issue with the binary morphs affects saving files, not loading them...