Question please???

Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
edited May 2013 in Bryce Discussion

I’m really wondering from this behaviours from admin of this site still playing with my posts duplicating and replicating my posts Why??????

Post edited by Waleed - Jordan on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2013

I am not quite certain what you mean Waleed. No admin is playing around with your posts. We never do things like that

However we do have problems with the forum not behaving as it should, which we think may be at least partially caused by the massive DDoS attacks that were happening on the internet, so sometimes posting doesn't work as it should.

BTW Site admins (Moderators) are volunteers, just forum members like you with extra responsibilities.

and I am female. Mrs Chohole :coolsmile:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Waleed - JordanWaleed - Jordan Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

OK

edited April 2013

It has been remarked on a lot, in various threads all over the forums. We do not know for certain what is causing it, but we are surmising that it is the Spamhaus DDoS attacks and the fact that Cloudflare (which DAZ 3D use as a caching service) is supporting Spamhaus through this problem.

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Waleed,

Chohole is a woman. Chohole is not an employee of DAZ3D. Chohole is a volunteer, and she has been a volunteer for many years. She helps people answer questions about Bryce, and directs questions about Bryce to this forum. Sometimes Chohole 'cross-posts', or copies a post from one forum to another. She does this because she knows the post will get a better answer in a different forum, or be appreciated better in a different forum. Chohole is a respected, honorable member of the Bryce community.

Chohole does not cause your trouble. There could be a problem with the middle eastern connection to the internet.

I understand that English for you is a second language. I also know you are using an online translator to translate Arabic into English. I am guessing you are copying these posts and pasting them into a translator to read what they say in Arabic. This must be a frustrating experience for you, and I sympathize.

Chohole will delete posts if the post is offensive, or damaging the site for others, or is against site law.

If you believe you are being treated badly on this site, please tell a DAZ3D administrator (many are also volunteers, some are employees) and be as clear as you can about the trouble you are having.

Please use short sentences. In my experience, there is no-one in the Brycetalk forum that deliberately causes trouble for other users.

Because Chohole kicks them out.

edited April 2013

Thankyou for the vote of cofidence Oroboros.

Just one little thing. The Forum Admin (Moderators) don't do anything unilaterally. We are a team and we work as a team, so nothing is done till we have a discussion and reach a majority decision, Yes I am the Bryce moderator, but I do consult with the rest of the team before any action is taken. This is one thing that makes the DAZ 3D forums different from other forums.

and the glitch raises it's ugly head again as this post has taken several goes to get posted.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Thankyou for the vote of cofidence Oroboros.

Just one little thing. The Forum Admin (Moderators) don't do anything unilaterally. We are a team and we work as a team, so nothing is done till we have a discussion and reach a majority decision, Yes I am the Bryce moderator, but I do consult with the rest of the team before any action is taken. This is one thing that makes the DAZ 3D forums different from other forums.

and the glitch raises it's ugly head again as this post has taken several goes to get posted.

I can confirm the glitch. I've been suffering this for the last couple of weeks, but my internet connection is not good and it's not reliable, so I've never been 100% certain that the problem isn't at this end.

edited April 2013

The problem does seem to have been worse in the UK and some parts of Europe for a while, but it is spreading rather than improving now, so we are wondering if our guess was right or wrong.

Like you my broadband is not the best, in fact our area is officially at number 12 in the worst areas for broadband connections in the UK. The highest connection speed I get is 512kb/s. :roll: I usually blame it on the fact that we are at just about the furthest point we could be from our local exchange, and as that is in the next valley over it does have to crawl 1200ft up the mountain to get to us :coolsmirk:

there is a discussion about various things that are happening to people here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19921/

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited April 2013

chohole said:
    The problem does seem to have been worse in the UK and some parts of Europe for a while, but it is spreading rather than improving now, so we are wondering if our guess was right or wrong.

Like you my broadband is not the best, in fact our area is officially at number 12 in the worst areas for broadband connections in the UK. The highest connection speed I get is 512kb/s. :roll: I usually blame it on the fact that we are at just about the furthest point we could be from our local exchange, and as that is in the next valley over it does have to crawl 1200ft up the mountain to get to us :coolsmirk:

there is a discussion about various things that are happening to people here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19921/

hell I would love to get 512kb/s !!!

edit - got it posted after 8 tries .

Post edited by bigh on
    edited May 2013

ok

edited April 2013

chohole said:

ou

thanks