Ultimate Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
edited September 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hot on the heels of my Ultimate Make-Up set, I have a new product which should hit the store this week - Ultimate Eyebrows for Genesis 8 Female(s).  G8F introduced fibermesh brows but each character only comes with one set, so I thought it would be good to have lots of choice and have produced 50 modelled eyebrows which can be used with any Genesis 8 Female character. I have also included lots of choice for eyebrow colors and the ability to add eyebrow make-up which affects between the eyebrow hairs. You can alter the thickness of the hairs, or fade them to make them more or less prominent.  It works great with Ultimate Make-Up to add more variation to the look of your characters.  And I have also used Hair Lustre Shaders in the promos - I never render hair without them!

I had a lot of fun making this product - and I hope that you will have a lot of fun using it with your characters to give them a unique look.  Let me know what you think - and I'd love to see what you do with it once it is available.

1-Title-Promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 474K
11-Flat Brows Promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 385K
Post edited by PhilW on

Comments

• Looks like a great product Phil!

Though I have to admit that the red promo image above looks a bit weird. As a redhead myself I naturally tend to notice others and I've never seen anyone with truly red eyebrows before - they are usually very light blonde or a slightly reddish-brown. I suppose she must have dyed them. wink

Strangely, I have no problem with the green. That looks perfectly natural to me. laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited September 2017
    Do they have morphs to adjust the fit to custom characters, Phil? I like your lustre shaders, by the way.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • AreynaAreyna Posts: 24
    edited September 2017

Here's a render I did using Ultimate Eyebrows. I really liked this shape. 

Alyssa by Areyna.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 4M
    Post edited by Areyna on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

Here's my first render using your Ultimate Eyebrows and Hair Lustre Shaders (on both hair and eyebrows)
    Now if only PAs would give versions of their characters without eyebrows baked into the textures.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Areyna, James - thanks for sharing these, great work!

@Barbult - the eyebrows generally follow morphs and expressions very well without any adjustment being required. You might occasionally get some poke-through, more noticable on the base than on the hairs, and I have included a morph (and several presets) to adjust that should you notice any issues. That should be more than enough to ensure that the brows fit well with your characters.

• JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

And Here is Stephanie 8 rocking your eyebrows and hair lustre.

Looks great James!

• MouserMouser Posts: 675
    edited December 2020

How do you use the no eybrowes on a non caucasian character?

I must be doing something wrong, every time I try to use the "UE Base" it changes the Monique 8 character's skin colour.

Monique 8.jpg
    553 x 536 - 74K
    Monique 8 plus UE Base.jpg
    542 x 539 - 73K
    Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Mouser said:

How do you use the no eybrowes on a non caucasian character?

I must be doing something wrong, every time I try to use the "UE Base" it changes the Monique 8 character's skin colour.

I'm not sure what you mean by UE Base - is that someone else's product?  I have some options for you:

- some characters come with "No Brow" options so have a look if you own a skin set that supports this and gives you a suitable skin tone;

- you can clone out the brows by editing the face texture maps and making your own material preset to load those.  It's not too difficult, but if you want an easy option to do this, try...

Brow Remover for Daz Studio | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

I hope this helps.

Under the folder 'Ultimate Eyebrows' files:

UE Base G8F Iray SSS NoBrows by PhilW.duf

UE Base G8F Iray SSS NoBrows by PhilW.duf.png

I took it this was for removing the existing eyebrows to be replaced by your products?

My mistake, the brow remover was what I tought your product would do as well.

edited December 2020

Oof its been a while since I've used Gimp but I am to cheap to pay full price for the brow remover.

Good eyebrows;)
    Monique skin texture gimped.jpg
    567 x 539 - 76K
    Post edited by Mouser on

Sorry I should have recognised "UE Base"!  Sorry for the confusion and glad you got something sorted.

• JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

Not used these for a while but was after a specific shape and Ultimate Eyebrows seems to provide it. BUT, I'm getting strange render artefacts that look like extraneous hair growth (!) - see the attached examples below of 2 different UE eyebrows (1 and 1b, both throwing artefacts), no eyebrows at all (1c, no artefacts) and 'standard' G8.1 brows (1d, no artefacts - but the wrong shape). Any hints or tips on how to address this? I've tried different lightingh combinations and turning up the lighting really high but to no avail. Figure is Genesis 8.1 using Caelan morphs and textures (from another site) and the G 8.1 PBR skin shader.

Beth-Test01.png
    1024 x 577 - 754K
    Beth-Test01b.png
    1024 x 577 - 748K
    Beth-Test01c.png
    1024 x 577 - 738K
    Beth-Test01d.png
    1024 x 577 - 750K
  • JansillaJansilla Posts: 36

OK solved it, after a bit of playing around with the settings. Used the UE offset morph to move the brows slightly away from the surface and that has fixed it - clearly some sort of collision going on with the fibremesh. I had wondered before what the purpose of those morphs was - but now I know!

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    edited March 2021

LOL, you figured it out while I was typing. cheeky

Post edited by Sevrin on
  • I really like this product, but I'm having trouble getting the bushier eyebrows rendered in the next to last model in the example renders. Exactly what settings for the brows are being used? I think I'm supposed to use UE Offset, but I'm not really sure what this means.

UE (simply "Ultimate Eyebrow") Offset simply moves the brow forward to remove any poke-through, particularly for unsupported characters where the Auto-Fit hasn't quite worked. All the eybrows work the same so I'm not sure why you would have an issue with just one of them.  Can you expand on "having trouble getting it rendered"?