Creating poser comapion Files PLEASE HELP!!!!

ObirusskenobiObirusskenobi Posts: 16
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Hi,
I've been a poser user since poser 4 and i have poser pro 2012 x64 SR3. I have a huge library and thought I might upgrade to genesis, V5 , M5 and so on. I got The DSON importer when it came out and a lot of genesis, v5, m5, and other bundles to start off with.

Anyhow; after weeks of trying to get DSON to work I almost gave up with the lot. However I finally succeeded. Now my problem is gettin some genesis clothing items from DS 4.5 to work in poser..

I am attempting to get Hongyu's Bikini for V5 into poser by creating a PCF but No matter how hard I try I cannot get it to work. All I get is an empty space. I followed the tutorial on DAZ (which was no help at all) but I'm at a loss

Is there any video tutorial or a more in-depth tutorial that someone could point me to or perhaps any suggestions that could help me out?????

Thanks

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited April 2013

The "Create Poser Companion Files.." command only works on DSON format files, the ones that end in .duf. Hongyu's Bikini for V5 is supplied as DS4 legacy format files which have a file extension of .dsf.

If you don't see the file extensions in the Content Library, turn the file extension display at File>Preferences. Click on the Content Library tab and enable the "Show file extension and click on the Apply button.

To convert the bikini to .duf format:

1. Load the bikini clothing items into the DS4.5 viewport, select each one and File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Assets. Use the default settings, give each item a file name save them to a folder in the Studio Format library.

2. Go to the folder with the newly created .duf files and perform the "Create Poser Companion Files.." on them.

I tried it and the files are created and appear in the Poser format Figures library, though I don't have Poser 9/2012 to test them.

Hope this info points you in the right direction..!

Post edited by Lindsey on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,940
    edited December 1969

What do you mean by an empty space? If you mean the tiem is listed in the Poser scene, but nothing is visible in the viewport, there are two likely causes:

1: the \Data folder used by the content is in a location not selected as a Poser external library folder

2: the item has soem or all of its mesh not grouped to match the bone names, which Poser requires.

• ObirusskenobiObirusskenobi Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    The "Create Poser Companion Files.." command only works on DSON format files, the ones that end in .duf. Hongyu's Bikini for V5 is supplied as DS4 legacy format files which have a file extension of .dsf.

If you don't see the file extensions in the Content Library, turn the file extension display at File>Preferences. Click on the Content Library tab and enable the "Show file extension and click on the Apply button.

1. Load the bikini clothing items into the DS4.5 viewport, select each one and File>Save As>Support Asset>Figure/Prop Assets. Use the default settings, give each item a file name save them to a folder in the Studio Format library.

2. Go to the folder with the newly created .duf files and perform the "Create Poser Companion Files.." on them.

I tried it and the files are created and appear in the Poser format Figures library, though I don't have Poser 9/2012 to test them.

I have converted the bikini to .duf format, and was able to see them in in the cr2 poser format but when I open it in poser something happens, but there's nothing in the scene. It has the scale dials and position dials but it's like an invisible object.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

I have converted the bikini to .duf format, and was able to see them in in the cr2 poser format but when I open it in poser something happens, but there's nothing in the scene. It has the scale dials and position dials but it's like an invisible object.\

You comment got me to dust off my Poser Pro 2012 and install it! I was able to load in the Bikini into Poser so I'm at a loss what your problem is. I'm using the current version of DS Pro v4.5.1.56, Poser Pro 2012 v9.0.3.22472 and DSON Importer v1.0.0.56. Created the Poser Companion Files as described above. Here's a picture of the bikini in Poser Pro 2012

ScreenShot001.jpg
    1034 x 1037 - 97K
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:
    Lindsey said:

I have converted the bikini to .duf format, and was able to see them in in the cr2 poser format but when I open it in poser something happens, but there's nothing in the scene. It has the scale dials and position dials but it's like an invisible object.

\

You comment got me to dust off my Poser Pro 2012 and install it! I was able to load in the Bikini into Poser so I'm at a loss what your problem is. I'm using the current version of DS Pro v4.5.1.56, Poser Pro 2012 v9.0.3.22472 and DSON Importer v1.0.0.56. Created the Poser Companion Files as described above. Here's a picture of the bikini in Poser Pro 2012

Ok that's enough to make me cry :sick: I'm using exctly the same as you, perhaps I'm not putting the converetd files in the right place. Ok I'm not giving up, If I can Get this to work I know I can expand even further, and you have reasurred me that it does work. So here goes!!!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,940
    edited December 1969

Have you made sure that the folder containing \Data\Hongyu\BikiniV5 (or whatever the name is) is in one of your Poser external Runtime folders? It obviously isn't the grouping since it's working for others (unless there's been an update you've missed) so that suggests it may be my other "usual suspect".

edited December 1969

I'VE DONE IT!!! Thank you, Thank you,Thank you to you both, it was me installing the damn thing in a stupid location where the data folder didnt seem to exist!!! Ha! now I know that works I'm to shop for some more clothes!! ( I just hope converting the Mat files is not as complicated

CHEERS ;-)