Iray render time calculations.

Many render engines (like Cycles for Blender)  first calculate how long the render will take, and then count down from there. This allows me to resize, or make changes in order to hit my target goal times in terms of rendering an image, without needing to, "just try it, and see how long it will take". Why can't Iray do this? This is a feature I would love to see integrated, or offered as a plug-in.

Comments

• One of the parameters you can adjust is render time. In fact, the default setting for that parameter is two hours.

• How accurate is its estimate? Or are you using time a a stop condition? Iray doesn't do it as it can't calculate how long a render will take without doing the render, and I would not expect other engines to be much better.

• One of the parameters you can adjust is render time. In fact, the default setting for that parameter is two hours.

Right, but that can stop the render before full convergence. I'm looking for a close estimate of how long at current settings will a render take to reach 100% convergence.

• How accurate is its estimate? Or are you using time a a stop condition? Iray doesn't do it as it can't calculate how long a render will take without doing the render, and I would not expect other engines to be much better.

Seems pretty accurate, but I've never tested it to verify. 

• Additional research shows that Octane and Vray are also able to give render time estimates, with the estimates improving in accuracy as the render progresses. This would be great to have in Daz!