Tutorials by GKDantas

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

New to Carrara? Are you wondering about a certain feature you've heard about? Are you like me, and wondering if Marcelo ever sleeps?
If you have an account at Carrara Cafe, you have access to an enormous variety of Tutorials by GKDantas aka Marcelo Teixeira, where you'll find page after page of video tutorials covering many of the massive selection of features available to you in Carrara.

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

BTW, there's a lot more tutorials at the Cafe as well!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited April 2013

In addition to the free tutorials, GKDantas has also provided us with a Daz3d store full of helpful Carrara products; Skin Shaders and Subsurface Scattering, Illumination, Carrara 3D Paint Brushes, Very realistic looking leaves for the plant editor, Toon shaders.
    Stuff like this is great to use in your scenes, but is even more valuable when you dig in and tear the stuff apart, like building it - but instead, focusing on the techniques used in this setting vs that... etc., This is an incredibly resourceful way to learn something really quickly. We've watched the vids, got to see many of the features and rooms to tweak them in... but where should I start? Well we are a really lucky community for that. mmoir, 3DLust, Howie Farkes, 3D Age, Magaremoto, Age of Armor, Dimension Theory, etc., ( I always accidentally miss a favorite, too...) and, of course, GKDantas, there's a lot of different aspects of the three dimensional, digital art field covered in Carrara specific products that allow us to explore stuff, go through the written material and shoot some renders. Open up those settings and understand why there's an entirely different number in that spot from the one I always use... etc., you know... soak in the concepts so you'll know what you like, and what you'd rather change. Next thing you know, every time you drag in a scene, you'll find that you immediately know to switch to this room and drop in a change. You're going to need to so in and tweak that thing over there, to. It becomes natural. I like to take a lot of this stuff I pick up from the pros, and save it to default settings in a quick, empty scene for fast implementation, where applicable.

In Carrara, we can drag any aspect, pretty much, into the browser. This is awesome for the ability to just drag back in. For example, I really like some of the settings from the Toon Generation 4 shaders set. After I get a character set up with the shaders, I drop the character into her appropriate folder within my People spot in the Browser. Check out my Browser organization article on Carrara Walkthrough for more on that, if you've never set up your own, cool browser structure yet. One of my favorite things. I can barely stand the thought of creating my movie in any other software, simply because of the wealth of files a can save in this easy manner, complete with a nice icon and everything :)
    First Howie Farkes purchase blew my mind! :) I mean... you know what I mean, right? It's like you've been staring at that box through the window every day on your way home. The day comes when you getting to make the transaction, bring it home and lift off the cover :ahhh: Start pulling stuff out... so excited that you're not quite sure where to put your hands. So you reach for the new manual. Glee flushes through you as you stare at the glossy cover for a moment. Your mind milling over all of the things that you already know about what you just bought. Two hours later, nobody can seem to get your attention. Supper? what's that? Oh... right. No, I'm not hungry... I'll grab a bite later!
    I still use his light dome that I saved off and then into many scenes. All of these different ways that I've re-arranged some of the default scenes, just because it was fun, and a great learning experience! You know, on that note. Many trees that you find in those scenes differ from the one's that you drag in from the browser - because he knows the look he wants. Meticulous edits are made as the art is in creation. Personally, I feed on that feeling. I love to feel my art as I meld it into shape within the screen in front of me, and my guts!

GKDantas inspires learning. Thanks, Man! :coolhmm:

daz_GK_Scratches.jpg
    240 x 312 - 35K
    daz_GK_corner-in-box.jpg
    240 x 312 - 33K
    daz_GK_gidome-ultimate.jpg
    240 x 312 - 24K
    daz_GK_sss.jpg
    240 x 312 - 25K
    daz_GK_RealLeaf1.jpg
    240 x 312 - 30K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on