DECAL!

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

It has been like since 15 years since I did a DECAL on an object and cant recall how? I have an object which I want to put what will look like screen printed TEXT in one side of an object..
1) How do i do that again?

2) Can I have a TRANSPARENCY on this DECAL so its just the letters that appear to be on the object?

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Richard :)

Layers. :)

create your shader for your model,.. go to the shader room.. View the model in the shader preview window,. then go to the top of the screen
    you'll see a set of Layer tools to create a shape layer,.. and a pointer to adjust the layer.

When you draw the layer directly onto the model in the shader preview window,. it will create a new Layer in your original shader.
    so,.. you can then add a texture map and an alpha map, or you can use a PNG, or PSD which has transparency.

:)

• edited December 1969

It has been like since 15 years since I did a DECAL on an object and cant recall how? I have an object which I want to put what will look like screen printed TEXT in one side of an object..
    1) How do i do that again?

2) Can I have a TRANSPARENCY on this DECAL so its just the letters that appear to be on the object?

A Video Tutorial about Decal-Shading

Good luck
    Geli

• edited December 1969

I have experimented with all this and i have a CUDE I was trying to Paste a DECAL on one side and its distorted its PINCHED in the middle?

Can you adjust to AREA once you put it on your object

• cripemancripeman Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

hey rich...I have a graffitti tutorial that covers this...and yes you can adjust the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M13rNo3XkA