Broken Forums

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

OMG!!!! Three posts... three log-out, log-ins!!! The login screen you get led to doesn't even work - well it doesn't for me anyways...
Why am I torturing myself so much? Wow!

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

I hit the back arrow when I get THAT screen and try again

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

I hit the back arrow when I get THAT screen and try again
    Me too... then the only way I seem to be able to finally make the post is to hit Logout and then log back in. This last time I had to do that for each and every post!!!! Argh! :ahhh:
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

This issue is really frosting my shorts.

• edited December 1969

Ever since we got the new forums, it has logged me out every 24 hours. And worse, it's 24 hours from the initial login, NOT from my last activity. So I have to log in Every! Single! Day! unless I decide not to post anything.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm using an older version of Firefox on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.4.11 and have had no issues. What browser are you all using?

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Is this the suspiciously plain forum login page that looks as if the style sheet didn't load? I've been getting that at random intervals over the last week or so (only very occasionally before then). I use the backarrow like Wendy said, and that always brings me back to the reply page with my text still in it. I sometimes have to retry the "post" button a couple of times, but so far (touch wood) it's always eventually worked. Although I think at least once I ended up with a double post. I'm using the current version of FireFox; anyone else?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Even the Mods are getting hit with this, so you are not alone. Richard and I seemed to start having problems before some on the other side of the pond (We are both UK) so we di surmise at first that this was somehow connected to the DDoS attacks against Spamhaus, as Cloudflare (which DAZ 3D uses as a caching service) was helping Spamhaus (which is based in Europe) to get through these attacks. That is just a possibility not a definite though.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Even the Mods are getting hit with this, so you are not alone. Richard and I seemed to start having problems before some on the other side of the pond (We are both UK) so we di surmise at first that this was somehow connected to the DDoS attacks against Spamhaus, as Cloudflare (which DAZ 3D uses as a caching service) was helping Spamhaus (which is based in Europe) to get through these attacks. That is just a possibility not a definite though.

The Spamhaus thing is a very interesting theory. Since it appears to be more widespread (which doesn't invalidate the theory), I'd be asking first if DAZ made any changes to the systems involved in the forums -- heck, even OS patches. If not, then go to the external causes.

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

A while back the site had a DDoS attack against it and many of the same problems happened but the forum problems got fixed quickly and they majority of the problems occurred in the middle of the night so most people didn't notice them, but the store problems were very bad and people were complaining about them and trying to figure out what was going on.

edited December 1969

It was after that that DAZ 3D decided to use the CloudFlare back up caching service, which until now has been ok.

With this latest one it may have just been coincidental that the European side of the pond seemed to be getting the problems before the US side, but it did seem to be at least part of the problem was with the DDoS, which was a European based attack against a EUropean based company, and was rather a large attack.

edited December 1969

brianorca said:
    Ever since we got the new forums, it has logged me out every 24 hours. And worse, it's 24 hours from the initial login, NOT from my last activity. So I have to log in Every! Single! Day! unless I decide not to post anything.
    Same here. Quite annoying.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It was after that that DAZ 3D decided to use the CloudFlare back up caching service, which until now has been ok.

With this latest one it may have just been coincidental that the European side of the pond seemed to be getting the problems before the US side, but it did seem to be at least part of the problem was with the DDoS, which was a European based attack against a EUropean based company, and was rather a large attack.

Wow!
    edited December 1969

Just got burned by this forum issue again. Garstor is displeased...

I wonder if it is worth opening an issue over? Surely Daz knows about the problem already...

edited April 2013

I think that is a safe bet. Daz3D being aware I mean. My back button is going to wear out soon I am sure of it, but your back button is your friend. Back button and try, try, try again.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

Android never logs me out
    been logged in for months!
    even if I crash my tablet!
    Chrome on my PC does but my email and password is saved so just a click away

edited December 1969

Just today I've been hit by this problem. I guess I should consider myself fortunate... :blank:

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I think that is a safe bet. Daz3D being aware I mean. My back button is going to wear out soon I am sure of it, but your back button is your friend. Back button and try, try, try again.

Alas, the back button does not work for me!

If I write a lengthy post...maybe upload a few images...then I click "Submit Post" only to get the weird login screen...I have nothing to do except curse at the screen. My post is gone. "Annoyed" doesn't even begin to approach what I feel.

Just for kicks, I clicked on the "Help" menu above. The page greeted me in Italian...or some other Romance language. Clearly there are serious code-based problems with the forums.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    chohole said:

Alas, the back button does not work for me!

If I write a lengthy post...maybe upload a few images...then I click "Submit Post" only to get the weird login screen...I have nothing to do except curse at the screen. My post is gone. "Annoyed" doesn't even begin to approach what I feel.

Just for kicks, I clicked on the "Help" menu above. The page greeted me in Italian...or some other Romance language. Clearly there are serious code-based problems with the forums.

Try copying the text in your post first, then hit Preview Post and see if it works. If it does, try submitting. If you still lose your post, you can at least paste the text into a new field and see if that helps!

edited December 1969

Try copying the text in your post first, then hit Preview Post and see if it works. If it does, try submitting. If you still lose your post, you can at least paste the text into a new field and see if that helps!

Brilliant! Two steps ahead of you though buddy -- this is my new modus operandi for the Daz forums. ;-)

edited December 1969

That's what I've been doing all F... um... all week.
    I can't take it any more. I'll check back in a few days.