Luminous Casual Hair

Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
edited June 2012 in The Commons

Okey dokey - some info needed here. I'm slightly confused about this.
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/luminous-casual-hair/

It's on sale for $1 right now. It appears to be for the Pure Casual hair though it doesn't say so anywhere??
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pure-hair-casual/

There are weird things going on - first, it is called Luminous Casual hair but the name on the main image says "Luminous CLASSIC hair"

And Pure CLASSIC hair is here
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/pure-hair-classic/

So that's probably wrong.

And when you click on the "more information" tab, I get 2 seconds of the "more information" and then it switches to the page for the Pure Casual Hair!!

Another question - WHEN IS ON SALE TILL!!!???

Sorry, that's one of my biggest irritations with the current store - I rely on those ending dates and I'm feeling like I'm at another one of the big stores that has totally screwy "end date" issues. Drives me nuts!

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967
    edited December 1969

I got confused as hell by this too - from what I saw (and remember) the $1.00 item "Luminous Casual Hair" is purely texture add-ons for the Pure Casual Hair product. There IS a link under Description which points to it, but nowhere that I saw actually says so in 'proper' words.

If you select either of the other two tabs (Additional information or What's Incliuded & Features) they seem to act as a link to the pre-requisite product, which is a pain! ;)

As a total aside, it's hilarious seeing what new product I may also like when I hit the back button to go back to the original page! :)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985
    edited December 1969

In the DAZ newsletter dated 6/12/2012, the sale ends 6/19/2012. Currently the DAZ newsletter is the only place where sale end dates are shown. Perhaps there needs to be a "New Releases" thread with a collection of these images, or a "stickied" thread of the newsletters.

ScreenShot001.jpg
    644 x 202 - 23K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

If you go by the screenshots, the Luminous pack is for the Pure Hair Casual as Classic looks completely different in style.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Lindsey said:

In the DAZ newsletter dated 6/12/2012, the sale ends 6/19/2012. Currently the DAZ newsletter is the only place where sale end dates are shown. Perhaps there needs to be a "New Releases" thread with a collection of these images, or a "stickied" thread of the newsletters.

Thanks - I hadn't gotten the newsletter yet when I asked!!

I think your idea is a good one until they get the stupid sale ending dates fixed!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

A great idea, but it won't work. I've noticed not all new items on introductory sale have a sale end date in the newsletter that features them.

edited December 1969

A great idea, but it won't work. I've noticed not all new items on introductory sale have a sale end date in the newsletter that features them.

Well, the thread would work if someone in the know would post the expiration dates... But you're right, they don't all show the expiration dates of the sale prices.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited December 1969

I go by the general rule that the sale will end in two week. Anything after that it won't be the introductory rate anymore.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I go by the general rule that the sale will end in two week. Anything after that it won't be the introductory rate anymore.

That's a nice thought, but

a) it's not always correct and
    b) this requires that you know the exact date the item appeared in the store.

I'm sure this is on the agenda to fix, but it seems that they SHOULD be able to put expiration dates on sales of ANYTHING announced in the newsletters...which they're not doing...

edited December 1969

I one thing I always complain about is the product doesn't show a release date. Be even nicer if they fully implemented the sale end date.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I go by the general rule that the sale will end in two week.

Two weeks from when it's put into the store, or from when it begins showing up in store pages?
    edited December 1969

ROFL! Good point.