Buying Genesis Clothes and Using them in Poser Pro 2012...

onimushaonimusha Posts: 189
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

So I just started using DSON and finally got Genesis to work in Poser Pro 2012. I'm pretty impressed with how easily it seems to work. I bought Liquid Halo on Sky 16 for Genesis but I can't seem to install it into my Poser Runtime and have it actually show up in my library. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,938
    edited December 1969

Does it have a PoserCF (Companion File) installer? If not then you either need Dimension3D's free script that will load a .duf file as an import, rather than through the library, or you need to create your own PoserCFs via DAZ Studio. Of course it's always possible that for some reason the items don't work in Poser - possibly that their surface settings use DS procedurals which won't translate to Poser's Material Room on loading.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited April 2013

Not everything works perfectly, though. I created Poser Companion files for Classic High-Heeled Pumps for Genesis and they are slightly distorted and have some poke-through when conformed to V5 and Active Morphs Transferred...

Post edited by WandW on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845
    edited December 1969

. . . . and dumb Wendy question
    where do you find Dimension3D's free script please?
    I have tried saving both Genesis and my clothes as a cr2 and both load rigged and animated fine in Poser and can even use Mimic, the DSON morph transfer script gets the shape right but not the transform and scale so obviously my "companion file" pipeline is clogged with &%#@ in need of a plumber!

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189
    edited December 1969

In my downloads, I only have access to a mac installer and a PC installer. I imagine this is only for DS4. Does liquid halo on sky 16 have a CF installer offered when you buy it?

Do you have a link to Dimension 3D's script? I couldn't find it on the link you have in your sig.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

onimusha said:

Do you have a link to Dimension 3D's script? I couldn't find it on the link you have in your sig.

It's in the post above yours... ;)

• onimushaonimusha Posts: 189
    edited December 1969

Yeah I posted before I updated the thread. Thanks for the link.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

onimusha said:
    In my downloads, I only have access to a mac installer and a PC installer. I imagine this is only for DS4. Does liquid halo on sky 16 have a CF installer offered when you buy it?

On the Additional Information tab on a product page, it will state in the 3D Compatible Software section: "DSON Importer for Poser". The Poser Companion files will be included in the product downloads. In this product, it stated only DAZ Studio.

You do have the option to return the product for a refund if purchased within the last 30 days if you wish..

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,845
    edited December 1969

thx for the link Wand :coolsmile: