Need a Daz Artist that is interested in a project

xbanditsxbandits Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I am looking for someone that can make a small animation sequence of a big guy. I need to be able to map a certain clothing fabric on the model. I can probably help with that part. I don't have time to learn all this cool 3D stuff and figured it would be better leaving to the experts. Mainly need an animated model for some of our products. If there is a better place to ask, sorry in advance and please link me to a better place.

Comments

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

What sort of animation do you need? Some would be fairly easy and others..not so much. Adding a fabric texture should, in theory, not be to hard. Do you have other parameters that need to be met like setting or the clothing the fabric goes on?

• xbanditsxbandits Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, thanks for getting back with me. What I am looking for is more or less a male model to show some of our clothes. I don't know how hard it is to create the style of our jackets etc, but I'm sure they are not too far off from anything out there with some modifications.

you don't need to worry about any background, just the model. He will be a hunter so that would be the atire.

I have included a few images for you to look at that I am talking about similar.

soldier_g_i_joe_by_rishi_raj-d5hffaw.jpg
    1147 x 1500 - 575K
    soldier_by_rishi_raj-d5ez3gi.jpg
    1800 x 1764 - 883K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    edited December 1969

I am confused as to what you need and what you need done. i get the animation part, but do you need a male model? for your original outfits? What part in the image you posted is your work, or is that just an example? you say map a certain clothing onto a model, the way DAZ assets work is you have a figure model and then you have mesh outfits that are rigged to fit certain figures used for rendering still images or animations, unlike game assets where the figure is modeled with the clothing and it is all one mesh which is what your image looks like.

edited December 1969

Don't mean to confuse you, sorry. These images are just samples that I found. If I could do this work I wouldn't be asking. I am a traditional graphics artist and have only dabbled in 3D art.

The most important aspects are the pattern of my fabric and a muscle man. Our product line is called "monster" so you can get the idea of why we need a large fellow. He can have a t shirt on and pants if that is easier for now.

Mainly need several different poses, angles with this guy. He might need binoculars and a hat or something, but mainly just there to promote the brand.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

xbandits said:
    Don't mean to confuse you, sorry. These images are just samples that I found. If I could do this work I wouldn't be asking. I am a traditional graphics artist and have only dabbled in 3D art.

The most important aspects are the pattern of my fabric and a muscle man. Our product line is called "monster" so you can get the idea of why we need a large fellow. He can have a t shirt on and pants if that is easier for now.

Mainly need several different poses, angles with this guy. He might need binoculars and a hat or something, but mainly just there to promote the brand.

When you say your product line is called "monster", what exactly is your product line?

edited December 1969

It is outdoor clothing for things like hiking and camping. Monster is just part of the titles we will use. bottom line is just need a big dude wearing something that resembles our clothing and being able to put him in several positions or poses and possibly make a small animation of him walking into the screen and turning and facing you.

• MikeyFTLMikeyFTL Posts: 367
    edited April 2013

Shouldn't be hard, but it will be time consuming. The male model is the easiest part, but you need to provide example of all the clothing styles, textile textures and colors. Then you have to pay someone who's proficient at modeling to undertake all of it.

Some of the best clothing I've seen has been created by Catharina Harders of MEC4D. She been commissioned by Daz and I'm sure many others for her skill and quick turn around.

If you have no idea how to use 3D modeling programs, you seriously need to outsource your project to someone like her.

Post edited by MikeyFTL on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    edited December 1969

MikeyFTL said:
    Shouldn't be hard, but it will be time consuming. The model is the easiest part, but you need to provide all the clothing styles, textile textures and colors. Then you have to pay someone who's proficient at modeling to undertake all of it. Pull out your checkbook.

If he goes with premade content then the modeling part is done, just need to find someone to texture and animate it. This is probably the closest to the image he posted
    http://www.daz3d.com/clothing-accessories/uniforms-costumes/wardog-for-genesis

If he does need clothing modeled, oh yeah, gonna cost you.

• edited April 2013

@ xbandits... I would say this to anyone making an "Artist Needed" post here or anywhere else. What you are basically doing is posting a job advertisement and you need to treat it as such if you want to be taken seriously. This means you need to put in the time and effort to answer the most basic questions an applicant would ask about the job up front. Otherwise you are wasting both your time and the time of your potential applicants.

-- Introduce Yourself: Are you students, hobbyists, a business, or some other type of organization. If you are a business or organization you should give your business or organization name and website, if there is one. Any information you are willing to share which would allow a potential applicant the look up your organization, understand who you are and what you do, and were you are located would be helpful. Doing so would help build some trust and lend an air of seriousness to the project.

-- Specify if there will be compensation for the work and what form it will take. Yes, the artists in this forum are often kind and supportive and will do 'small' project's for other forum members for free sometimes... just for fun, for practice, or to be helpful in general, but anything more is work like any other form of work and should be compensated for. Artists dislike being homeless and starving as much as anyone else. (I would also remind artists that it is not good to promote the idea that any form of art or design is not 'work' by giving their art and design away in general.)

-- Give a general but as detailed as possible description of the project and its needs. You say you need an animation of a male model wearing your group's clothing, with no need for a background. A good start, but you don't really say anything about how the animation will be used or what assets you will be providing to help complete or guide the work. It sounds as if your group makes real world, hunter type clothing and you want an animation to showcase the clothing. It also sounds like you have little familiarity with any modeling and animation software and the work involved. This could mean that you would only be providing images of your clothing and clothing fabric to the artist/animator as the assets to work from in creating the animation. In this case the artist would most likely have to model and rig the clothing items for use with a Poser/Studio character, unless some very close matching, pre-existing clothing models could be found. The intended use of the animation is important because that will determine the size, resolution, and length of the animation. The more details you can provide up front to determine the scope of the project the better. Also, if you have never managed a project like this before and don't know the answers to these question you need to be clear about that also, so that the artist knows he or she will need to help you with those questions.

Take some time and rewrite your "Need for a DAZ Artist" post. Show that you are serious and make a better pitch for your project and you may receive a better response.

Good luck.

Post edited by 7th Stone Productions on
    edited December 1969

7th Stone,

Thank you for the input and guidance. I will try again with as much detail as possible and if that isn't enough I will punt. If you have more guidance please share.

Project Title: Muscle Man World Hunter

Needed Items: Realistic render of a large muscular looking man that looks a bit mean.

Provided Items: We can provide any artwork for camo pattern that we want used.

Details of surrounding: Don't really need a backdrop as white would work fine for now.

Animation needed: Man walking into frame and turning to look straight at you.

Stills: 6 different angle stills or positions

Compensation: This can be determined for what it is worth to the artist. I would pay half up front and balance upon completion.

Company: This is a new start up for 2014 so no web site etc, sorry. Clothing for the hunting/outdoor industry.

Questions: Ask away. If anyone wants to corrisponde with me via email, I can give that out.

Before I agree: I would need to see samples of your work.

Thanks
    Bob Paulson
    Colorado, USA

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

If all your needing is a big guy in a t shirt and jeans or similar pants it isn't that complex a project at all really. The primary things your looking for seem to be.

1. Someone who can add your fabric textures to existent clothing such as a t shirt and possibly military style pants etc. (you may want to be more clear about pant type so that it is representative of what your going to sell. If you need exact copies or near exact copies I may know who you should contact to get that done fairly fast. PM me if that turns out to be the case.

2.You need someone who can do a short animation (your going to want to decide how long you want that to be) of a man walking into the "scene" and then pausing to look directly to camera (as I understand it). You mentioned stills. Your going to need to think about the sizes you want for those and if you want them shot closer than the walk on.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,448
    edited December 1969

Fairly easy to put together a big buff DAZ figure into a scene and texture his store bought clothing with whatever you need. That's what the program is designed to do. Setting up a walk animation fairly easy too. And should not be cost prohibitive.

Creating a custom model of clothing, rig it for a character, now that requires a specific skill set and will cost more.

tough5_copy.jpg
    638 x 816 - 145K
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much. I think I will give it a try. I have played around a bit but I might be able to whip something up.

• sralosangelessralosangeles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I tried posting this question last week and it does't look like it worked. How would I go about purchasing an image that someone has already created to promote their product? I know I can purchase the product, but I would want the exact image, except different color hair. I don't think that's too complicated and I would of course be willing to pay as long as its reasonable. I'm trying to figure out how to contact the artist directly. This is for a cover for an ebook. I don't think I'll be selling a lot (this is a hobby), but I'd like a nice cover.

Any input is appreciated, including letting me know if there is a forum for this already. I get so lost in these threads.

Thanks,

Susan

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,448
    edited December 1969

If it's an artist here, just click the pm button and send them a private message, there's a similar function at Renderosity. Where did you see the image?

• edited April 2013

xbandits said:
    Thank you so much. I think I will give it a try. I have played around a bit but I might be able to whip something up.

Let us know how it goes.

As far as pitching your project goes, I would have put more into the project description, but otherwise the rewrite was a good step in the right direction. At the moment you have details about the project scattered amongst several posts/replies and I would have combined all that information into one description and one post. There quickly comes a point when people are no longer willing to search through all the posts/replies to gather all the pertinent information they need. People are basically lazy in nature. Try not to be lazy when writing your project pitch. ;-)

Notes & Questions:
    -- So far it sounds like you want the hunter character, his posed stills, and animation for use 'solely' as fun and atmospheric graphics on a business website/webstore. Is this correct? No other uses?
    -- The hunter character would not be used to model the business' clothing line, but the character's clothing would be similar in look and share the same camo patterning? Again, this would just make the hunter character a fun graphic on the website and he would not be used to model the clothing.
    -- Are there any intentions to treat the hunter character like a business mascot, similar to the Aflac Duck or Geico Gecko? This would mean that some effort would be required to make the hunter character unique and recognizable as the hunter character.
    -- Is there any intention of taking the hunter character one step further and using him as the actual business or product line logo? Again, this would require additional careful thought be put into the design of the character.
    -- For the hunter character 'walk on animation' I picture something like the motion graphic you see at the beginning of many James Bond films, in which Bond walks on screen within a spotlight frame and turns to fire his handgun at the viewer, doing so in a slight crouch as the spotlight frame changes into the inside of a gun barrel. Of course there would be no graphics framing the hunter character and no shooting of a gun. The point is that the walk on would be an action with some flavor or excitement to it even though the character may only be using a pair of binoculars or some other item related to hunting. Is this close to what you were thinking?
    -- If I understand correctly the hunter character is suppose to be a big, muscular, and rugged male character, not unlike Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's character in the movie Fast & Furious Five. This is the character you show in the images you posted. This doesn't mean the character has to have a shaven head or other identical features, just that he generally needs to be big and aggressive looking and deserving of the moniker 'monster'?

In writing the 'project pitch' I would have quickly touched on all the Notes & Questions I raised above to define the scope of the project.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

I tried posting this question last week and it does't look like it worked. How would I go about purchasing an image that someone has already created to promote their product? I know I can purchase the product, but I would want the exact image, except different color hair. I don't think that's too complicated and I would of course be willing to pay as long as its reasonable. I'm trying to figure out how to contact the artist directly. This is for a cover for an ebook. I don't think I'll be selling a lot (this is a hobby), but I'd like a nice cover.

Any input is appreciated, including letting me know if there is a forum for this already. I get so lost in these threads.

Thanks,

Susan

Is the product a PA product or a DAZ Original?

If it's a PA product, you might want to contact the vendor and ask who did the promo pic. Once you know the artist, it might be easier to contact the artist and ask them to create your book cover.

If the product is a DAZ Original, that might become complicated especially in light of the fact that DAZ might require you to purchase the copyright to the pic which can run into money. I don't even know if they would tell you who did the actual promo.

edited December 1969

Hi - I did a "shop" search under a certain category and found products to purchase. This picture is one of those showing the product. I can find the name of the artist, but don't know how to connect to them. If I click on their name, it shows what other products they have available for sale. Thanks.

edited December 1969

icprncss said:

Thanks,

Susan

If it's a PA product, you might want to contact the vendor and ask who did the promo pic. Once you know the artist, it might be easier to contact the artist and ask them to create your book cover.

If the product is a DAZ Original, that might become complicated especially in light of the fact that DAZ might require you to purchase the copyright to the pic which can run into money. I don't even know if they would tell you who did the actual promo.

Please bear with me. Not sure what a PA product is. This shows both DAZ and an artist name.

• edited April 2013

@sralosangeles... Hello Susan. Yep, it can be difficult trying to figure out how to contact an artist here. I cannot think of a good, full-proof way to do so myself.

Yes, if you click on an artist's name while in the store here, or while looking at one of their product pages in the store, you will be taken to a page listing all of that artist's products. However, if you click on an artist's name above there avatar image in a post they have made here in the forums them you will get a page that may list contact information and other info about the artist. It depends on what information the artist decided to list in their profile.

With regard to the PM (Private Message) Button, that is a forum thing as well. You need to find a post the artist you are looking for has made in the forums and then you can click the PM button in their post to contact them. Or, if you can't find a post by the artist easily then you can click the "Private Messages" link in the dark gray bar at the top of the forums, next to the square PM graphic on the left end of the bar, and go to your private messages folders and tools. Here you will find a "Compose New Message" link at he top right. Click on this link and a new page will open with empty fields for creating/sending a PM. The first blank field is for "Recipients" of your PM (the individuals who you are addressing your PM to). Next to the "Recipients" field is a little magnifying glass icon. Click on the magnifying glass icon and a search dialog will open in which you can search for an artist by their screen name, which is usually the same as their vendor/PA name. This will hopefully give you the proper recipient information to send your PM and thereby put you in touch with the proper artist. Confused?

PA simply means Published Artist. These are simply artists that have submitted products to the DAZ Store and had their products accepted and put on sale in the DAZ store.

I'm curious... What product and what image are you trying to find the artist for?

It should be noted that the promotional images in the store are not always made by the same artist that made the product being sold.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:

Thanks,

Susan

Please bear with me. Not sure what a PA product is. This shows both DAZ and an artist name.

That means that it is a DAZ Original. Daz has purchased the product from the PA in question. It also means that the image will have been done by the DAZ 3D promo artist, and the copyright for it is DAZ 3D's, so the PA wouldn't be able to sell it to you, and I doubt if DAZ 3D will.

edited December 1969

7thStone said:
    @sralosangeles... Hello Susan. Yep, it can be difficult trying to figure out how to contact an artist here. I cannot think of a good, full-proof way to do so myself.

Yes, if you click on an artist's name while in the store here, or while looking at one of their product pages in the store, you will be taken to a page listing all of that artist's products. However, if you click on an artist's name above there avatar image in a post they have made here in the forums them you will get a page that may list contact information and other info about the artist. It depends on what information the artist decided to list in their profile.

With regard to the PM (Private Message) Button, that is a forum thing as well. You need to find a post the artist you are looking for has made in the forums and then you can click the PM button in their post to contact them. Or, if you can't find a post by the artist easily then you can click the "Private Messages" link in the dark gray bar at the top of the forums, next to the square PM graphic on the left end of the bar, and go to your private messages folders and tools. Here you will find a "Compose New Message" link at he top right. Click on this link and a new page will open with empty fields for creating/sending a PM. The first blank field is for "Recipients" of your PM (the individuals who you are addressing your PM to). Next to the "Recipients" field is a little magnifying glass icon. Click on the magnifying glass icon and a search dialog will open in which you can search for an artist by their screen name, which is usually the same as their vendor/PA name. This will hopefully give you the proper recipient information to send your PM and thereby put you in touch with the proper artist. Confused?

PA simply means Published Artist. These are simply artists that have submitted products to the DAZ Store and had their products accepted and put on sale in the DAZ store.

I'm curious... What product and what image are you trying to find the artist for?

It should be noted that the promotional images in the store are not always made by the same artist that made the product being sold.

Please forgive me for taking so long to post again. I had a family emergency. One example of an image I like is "Royal Regency". The artist is "Laurie S." For my cover the image would need to have black hair instead of blonde. Hope this all makes sense and thanks for your patience with a newbie.

Susan

edited December 1969

Laurie S is one of the people who run the DAZ 3D Platinum Club.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Sounds like that's outside of the scope of what I'm doing. Thanks for getting back to me. At this point I'll see if I can figure out something else.

• edited April 2013

chohole said:

Sounds like that's outside of the scope of what I'm doing. Thanks for getting back to me. At this point I'll see if I can figure out something else.

I think what chohole might have been hinting at is that if you are looking for Laurie S you might be able to find her posting in the members forum if you are a Platinum Club Member. At least that is one way I interpreted the post.

Have you had any luck contacting Laurie S yet?

Etc. etc. etc.

Please forgive me for taking so long to post again. I had a family emergency. One example of an image I like is "Royal Regency". The artist is "Laurie S." For my cover the image would need to have black hair instead of blonde. Hope this all makes sense and thanks for your patience with a newbie.

Susan

One example? You mean there is more then one image you are considering for you story? I thought there was just the one. *wink*

Note: I'm sending you a PM.

edited December 1969

7thStone said:
    chohole said:

I think what chohole might have been hinting at is that if you are looking for Laurie S you might be able to find her posting in the members forum if you are a Platinum Club Member. At least that is one way I interpreted the post.

No Actually I was saying that as Laurie S is a member of the DAZ 3D team, then her promo render would also be covered by DAZ 3D copyright. AS I had already pointed as regards Daz Originals.

That means that it is a DAZ Original. Daz has purchased the product from the PA in question. It also means that the image will have been done by the DAZ 3D promo artist, and the copyright for it is DAZ 3D’s, so the PA wouldn’t be able to sell it to you, and I doubt if DAZ 3D will.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    7thStone said:
    chohole said:

No Actually I was saying that as Laurie S is a member of the DAZ 3D team, then her promo render would also be covered by DAZ 3D copyright. AS I had already pointed as regards Daz Originals.

That means that it is a DAZ Original. Daz has purchased the product from the PA in question. It also means that the image will have been done by the DAZ 3D promo artist, and the copyright for it is DAZ 3D’s, so the PA wouldn’t be able to sell it to you, and I doubt if DAZ 3D will.

Thanks all. I'm looking to do something else at this point in time.

• edited December 1969

chohole said:
    7thStone said:
    chohole said:

OK. Sorry. :red:

The connection between the two posts just wasn't clear to me. ...Can you ever forgive me? *hides in corner*

edited December 1969

lol........................................ :coolsmile:

• FuselingFuseling Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

If you are looking for something similar to a certain render, you could always check somewhere like deviantart. There are lots of artists there that do commissions, including 3d artists, and if you can tell them you want something similar (but not identical to due to copyright issues) an existing image they might be able to come up with something you will like.