Unlock the Trial Version?

I bought the Carrara 8 software and I opened it and I get this message that it is a trial version that I have to unlock - but I bought the full version.  Or do I unlock this version some how?

Thanks

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Have you put in the serial number? (Go to My Account > Serial Numbers on this site)

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,050

Have you put in the serial number? (Go to My Account > Serial Numbers on this site)

I have the serial number, but the 865 page Carrara manual doesn't say how or where to enter the serial number.

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438

Look here

screen.jpg
    326 x 178 - 7K
    rk66 said:

Look here

Thanks for telling me.  I didn't know that little design was a clickable icon.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

It really should have prompted you for the SN on startup, if I remember right, but that way works too.  You probably want to 'run as administrator' when starting it up and entering the SN, that way you won't ever be promted for it again.

Jonstark said:

It really should have prompted you for the SN on startup, if I remember right, but that way works too.  You probably want to 'run as administrator' when starting it up and entering the SN, that way you won't ever be promted for it again.

This is what showed up when I opened the program.  It should say something like: Purchased version - enter the serial number (and tell you where and how); Trial version: you have 16 days etc.  I don't know what "run as administrator" means.  Does it matter that I'm on Mac?

Cararra_welcome.png
    518 x 367 - 118K

Is there a manual for Cararra 8.5?  When I click the online help link I get a 9 year old manual for Cararra 7.

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    Fauvist said:
    Jonstark said:

This is what showed up when I opened the program.  It should say something like: Purchased version - enter the serial number (and tell you where and how); Trial version: you have 16 days etc.  I don't know what "run as administrator" means.  Does it matter that I'm on Mac?

Oh you know it might not matter on the Mac, that might be just a Windows thing.  In Windows you would right click on the startup icon for Carrara and there would be an option to 'run as administrator'.  I don't know about Mac though, it might not be needed at all, hopefully one of the gurus who use Mac will give better direction than I can :)

There's no official Manual for 8.5, they started work on one but it never came to completion (you can see a sticky at the top of this forum that leads to 8.5 documentation), everything in the 7 manual is still relevant though, there's just more features in the later versions.  I have the 7 manual bookmarked, I refer to it so often.  Of course the sticky links at the top of the forum here regarding the Carrara Information Manual Dart put together are pretty informative too, and of course this forum is pretty active and responsive too for any questions on particular topics.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    Fauvist said:

Is there a manual for Cararra 8.5?  When I click the online help link I get a 9 year old manual for Cararra 7.

The Carrara 7 manual is very well written, but doesn't include the new features of Carrara 8

Here is the beta version of the Carrara 8 manual

Carrara 8 Basic User Guide beta 0.2 

• I'm using a Mac. When you select the Register Carrara menu item you should get this:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.46.03 PM.png
    1271 x 800 - 160K