Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• kadaj777kadaj777 Posts: 89

Hello, I have a question. Could I use Skin Builder 3 to make a texture for Genesis 8 Female for a commissioned character? Meaning that the character would only go to one person and not to the masses or is it against the MR agreement? Thank you for your time.:)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Any plans for a male version for either 3 or 8 gen?

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I seem to remember Zev stating that the male G3 wasn't being considered; something about sales. Don't recall if he's mentioned G8M.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687

I am playing with Skin Builder 3 but would still like a Skin Builder 8 to make it easier to make skins for Genesis 8?

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,552
    kadaj777 said:

Hello, I have a question. Could I use Skin Builder 3 to make a texture for Genesis 8 Female for a commissioned character? Meaning that the character would only go to one person and not to the masses or is it against the MR agreement? Thank you for your time.:)

Nope, you cannot share any assets and you cannot make a commercial set for G8 with the G3 MR.

• HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 53

Hey Zevo, any word on this?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    Hi. It's still being finalized. Took a while to make it duel compatible with older skins that use glossy layered weight vs duel lobe, and to get the scripts to auto detect the settings and apply effects to external skins with different shader settings took lots of testing. I will let you guys know when it is ready.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Thank you for the update.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I and others have been asked multiple times in the forums why characters whose textures have been modified by Brow Remover's face textures disappear after saving a scene, exiting DAZ, and restarting DAZ and opening the scene again.

...but it would be nice if Brow Remover were update to allow us to configure a path & a bunch of prefix names that would serve as a permanent location for the modified Brow Remover textures.

I tend to manually copy and rename the files manually under <Content library/runtime/textures/MyName/YadaYada> others prefer <Content Library>/Presets/Materials/YadaYada but many have insuffienct computer skills and DS skills to figure out how to get to the hidden temp directory the Brow Remover files or even that they'd need to as they consider the modified Brow Remover files to be a permanent part of the scene file they just created. 

Thanks.

edited April 2018
    Any product in parnership with Draagonstorm can not be updated due to her passing. She kept all source scripts, and I only got encrypted versions. Also at the time we didn't know how to have custom save paths for textures. So there is nothing I can do on my side unfortunately. Also those files should remain there unless yo are clearing your daz cache. At the time we tested the temp path it did recall the texture files in there when opening a scene or saving a browless preset of a skin. Maybe something changed in studio afterwards. Regardless, I wish I could update some of these products but I cannot.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2018
    Zev0 said:
    Any product in parnership with Draagonstorm can not be updated due to her passing. She kept all source scripts, and I only got encrypted versions. Also at the time we didn't know how to have custom save paths for textures. So there is nothing I can do on my side unfortunately. Also those files should remain there unless yo are clearing your daz cache. At the time we tested the temp path it did recall the texture files in there when opening a scene or saving a browless preset of a skin. Maybe something changed in studio afterwards. Regardless, I wish I could update some of these products but I cannot.

No problem, I explained it to your customer how to do that manually to save those files permanently in a non-temporary place. Too bad you can't update your product. frown

I guess this means there will not be a Brow Remover for Genesis 9?

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    Don't want to think of 9 yet lol. I'm sure I can work with my new partner to make it when time comes:)
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Oooh!!!  I can't wait.  Instant buy for me!!

• Eagerly anticipating this! I hope to see this in the store soon!

• Hi, I was just wondering if he have any updates as far as how close this is to release? Days? Weeks? Months? (Helps to budget my other store purchases)

Yes, I was just checking to see about Skin Builder 8 too. I don't want to go to the level of expertise needed to use photo references to make texture sets but I want to be able to modify existing ones relatively easily via L.I.E. and diffuse layers and similar technicques with a bunch of plain Jane texture resources. I'd like it if we could add our own plain Jane texture resources too to supplement the supplied ones. 

• edited May 2018
    Checking on any updates, since it's been about a month since we last heard anything. In the meantime,I food pick up the Gen 3 version. I can't wait to see what's in store for Gen 8
    Post edited by VonFunkensteinProductions on
    edited May 2018
    Its nearly done. on the surface it looks the same, but under the hood it was heavily reworked. We still having some minor script issues thay we are busy fixing now.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0 said:
    Its nearly done. on the surface it looks the same, but under the hood it was heavily reworked. We still having some minor script issues thay we are busy fixing now.

Great! Thanks for the response. Can we expect any additions like perhaps some different additional overlay map patterns?
    Not initially. What we are doing is also updating the g3 version so when addons are made it can be implemented for both versions without any reworks. So the plan is to get the g8 version out, then release addons that can be used in both versions. Saves having to do things twice if that makes any sense.
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,687

I know it is June 21rst but was wondering if there is any update.  I am looking forward to this, but using the Genesis 3 version right now.

edited June 2018

We finalizing it. Been working on it 24/7 this month. We changed quite a bit as to how it applies maps and saves them etc. It is a hell of a product to test, and that is what is causing most of the delay. The base skins have also been reworked. We also have to make sure this works not only with skinbuilder skins, but any other G8F skin, so the scripts need to adapt to any shader settings and still apply properly. So yes, we running a bit behind, but we will rather delay it and make sure it works properly apon release.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

another update question basicly what does this g8 version do will it have all the functions the previous one did besides skin tones will it also have eyes colours, nails, makeup, gen hair, eyebrows/lashes, Blotches, Dark Pores, Fine Skin Details, Freckles, Veins, Spider Veins, Age Spots, Moles, Acne, Stretchmarks and Tanlines.

Wow, any G8F skin!

edited June 2018

another update question basicly what does this g8 version do will it have all the functions the previous one did besides skin tones will it also have eyes colours, nails, makeup, gen hair, eyebrows/lashes, Blotches, Dark Pores, Fine Skin Details, Freckles, Veins, Spider Veins, Age Spots, Moles, Acne, Stretchmarks and Tanlines.

It is more an upgrade package to Genesis 8. It maintains all the same funtions as previous version, however the application of overlays in this version has changed, so has the skin building shaders. The base textures and some overlay details have also been reworked. There is a lot of under the hood changes in this to make sure it works on Genesis 8 skins. It also has been updated to work with skin set shaders that use Glossy Layered Weight or Dual Lobe Specular Weight for SSS. So if a skin uses Duel Lobe (new standard for skin SSS), Skinbuilder will detect that it does and apply SSS overlay details to that channel, and not the standard Glossy layered weight. The issue is that some skins still use glossy layered weight, so basically we had to re-write the entire code to smart detect what the skin uses, because if Skin Builder applied an overlay to skin in the wrong channels, it completely messed up the skin because sometimes it would stack to duel lobe and glossy layered weight, because we found that in some skins both those channels had values or maps assigned to it. The G3 version will at a later stage also be updated with the new logic we added to the scripts, and some skin texture map changes which we made in this version. We also upgraded how it outputs skins when saving. When all is finalized I will post an entire list of all the changes. So in summary, on the surface it will look similar, but under the hood it is very different. Also this version is a fully licenced Merchant resource for Genesis 8, which most people have been waiting for. Also if you already own the G3F version, you will get a discount on this version.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

will we get more options for the white hand/feet area for african skins?

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

Thanks for keeping us all updated, Zev. Are we any closer to getting wrinkles for the skins?

edited June 2018
    gerster said:

will we get more options for the white hand/feet area for african skins?

The african base skin already has lighter areas for hands and feet. I did create a hand and feet overlay aswell, i'll see what value that adds to the package. In order for multi swapping hand feet details, that means the african base skin has to be reworked, and the current light details removed in order for any overlays to be effective. Again this isn't high on the priority list, but I will see if it can be implemented. Any changes at this stage will just delay the release further.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited June 2018

Thanks for keeping us all updated, Zev. Are we any closer to getting wrinkles for the skins?

The wrinkled skins will come in the addon. I'm not happy with the results yet. I am trying to come up with a universal solution that works on all skins, instead of using multiple steps to get it to work.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

If you create it we will buy.