Explosions, Storms and more explosions..

I feel like I said this already.

But storms would be good too.

The explosions would have several 'nodes' or balls of flame, mixed with debris and feature levels of transparency or we'd use the Opacity Slider.

And so, you'd scale and add/subtract the individual balls of flame to create various and uniquue explosions.

Usually, explosions are something add in post and animators usually turn to After Effects and such.

------

I know I had a plug in or add on that was a particle simulator (I think that's what it was called) for video that grew the explosion so it started small and blew outward.

I think an explosion set that also emitted its base colors outward on other objects would be a needed addition.

1) This is what is mean by nodes or smaller balls of flame

2) This is the storm part of the prop, where it's dirt being kiked up. Could be a separate product- one that does "Dust Storms" and such.

3) This is the 'fire works' slider which adds little trails of fireworks to the explosion

4) This is the debris set, which would be good, again as a separate product if the vendor wanted to build a catalogue around a theme.

=========================================

A) The Explosion balls (The amount and size)

The shader material and color. Black, brown, grey are smoke clouds, orange, yellows and reds are emitters that give off light and should impact surfaces...

B) The Fireworks, possibly good as a separate product and/or second node that streaks out from inside the explosion

C) The Debris- another node, could be assorted bits and pieces- mostly little rocks and nothing recognizable. Scaled from nuts and bolts to chunks of rock. 

* As a separate product, you could have seveal Object-specific props to create the debris...a car tire, a jet wing, wooden planks...piping....bricks...shattered glass....

D) Smoke. Could be separate product and scaled up to make a storm front or simply a backing of haze, depending on how it's used. Good for fog also....

--------------------------------

This can all be done in post with brushes, but the advantage would be to get the light and reflection interaction of the explosion.

You could light up and entire scene with just explosions. AND if they are going to throw off balls of light- yellows, reds and oranges, it would be awesome to use these as Rim Lights...

A character gazing into the fireplace....

A back to a campfire.... The engines of a spaceship..

A lot of creative uses....

-------------------

I'm not a modeler, but starting with the diea of a cloud- as we have plenty of those....a cloud composed of flames is where I'd start.

I think this range of products is long over due. iray and 3Delight. lol

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Partial answers: https://www.daz3d.com/morphing-flames and https://www.daz3d.com/jepes-flamez

I have Jepes Flamez, and have used the fire balls, etc for explosive effects. There are other options, but your ideas, if put in one package, would find a ready market, I'm sure.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

I'm a little weirded out that I have never heard of the morphing flame product before, but pretty stoked (no pun) that's it's at least on sale.

That is an immediate purchase, on its own.

That is a VERY HELPFUL PRODUCT suggestion. Well done!

--------------

I just want to make sure that Jepes isn't billboards.....that they are actually 3D props......

Looks like it, but I've been burned before....(pun intended)

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,758

Hmmm doesn't appear to be iray, so I'd have to find some shaders for these objects....

Or maybe use one the shaders from the morphing flames or jepes on those..

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited October 2017

Deleted - misread post

Post edited by frankrblow on