I'm looking for recommendation on how to reproduce an image

Hi I'm trying to learn how to recreate an image similar to the one attached..I can recreatethe 3d text easily, I'm looking how to do the deteriorated letters and debris. Looking for any tutorials, recommended tools or technics. I've worked with most of the Daz products as well as Adobe for post. Any direction on how to start would be very appreciated.

sample.png
956 x 271 - 354K

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

It looks done in postwork.

1. Find stone letters. Render it all in tact.

2. Find rocks of similar shape as the broken side. Position those over the broken places where they should be. Remove those letters. Render.

3. Erase out the tops of perfect letters on left side and replace with background color. Fuse boulder bits with bottom letters in post work using the stamp or wound healing option.. Add some damage like cracks.

4. render some stones and put them in the foreground over your combined layer.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2017

I would actually do something like that in Bryce.  Using generated rocks or lo-res terrain to cut bits out using a boolean technique.

Or even experiment with using the text obj as a height map in the terrain editor or symlat editor and edit it in the terrain editor

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,748

3D Studio Max has plugin  functionality to destroy a model like that.