How to import .pz3 files into daz3d ?

Shaz4444Shaz4444 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Trying to import or open but I know that does not work, how can one import a poser 8 .pz3 in daz??

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

It should just open with a double click. Does for me anyway. I tend to put them in the libraries/pose folder though.

If you need to browse to another location that's not in a runtime, just type "*.*" in the file name dialog and the filter will be removed and you can see them to merge them anyway.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Drag and drop from Windows Explorer (file manager) usually works for me. I created a "PZ3" folder under Runtime\libraries\props. DS sees them there.

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

If you have Poser installed on your system, the double click to open will probably not work, Poser reserves that for .pz3's.
    Before you try importing from the file menu, make sure all your Poser runtimes are known to DS.

edited December 1969

Medzin said:
    If you have Poser installed on your system, the double click to open will probably not work, Poser reserves that for .pz3's.
    Before you try importing from the file menu, make sure all your Poser runtimes are known to DS.
    Yes, from the operating system. If the pz3 is inside of the libraries/pose folder, double clicking them on the Content Library opens them up just fine inside of DS itself.
  • Shaz4444Shaz4444 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Alright will try those techniques & shall look into it futher. Thx.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

adamr001 said:
    Medzin said:
    Yes, from the operating system. If the pz3 is inside of the libraries/pose folder, double clicking them on the Content Library opens them up just fine inside of DS itself.

That's pz2 - pose files - the question is about pz3 files, which will appear in the Scenes folder in DS4 if they were placed there (but since that's a new feature in Poser 9/Pro2012 few will be yet).

edited June 2012

Put a pz3 in library/pose and it'll do the same. I move them there all the time.

201206140802_pz3_in_pose.jpg
    737 x 632 - 79K
    Post edited by adamr001 on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,316
    edited December 1969

Yes, any content will show in any library - but DS4 does have a dedicated library, which is also the dedicated library for Poser 9+ (though that too will show any file type in any library).