OT - New Daz Studio Beta has a Built In Type of Dynamic Cloth

A built-in dynamic cloth system called DForm is incorporated in the new Daz Studio Beta.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203081/dforce-start-here#latest

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

and no it does not export in a saved scene subset to Carrara

before you ask

first thing I tried

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    th3Digit said:

and no it does not export in a saved scene subset to Carrara

Yeah, another nail in Carrara's coffin. There was a time when Daz made sure their dynamic cloth feature transferred to Carrara. No more. That's why I moved to iClone. They now have a sophisticated character creator plugin who can desihn any character clothing without having to buy multitudes of clothes, they have a global illumination system with a lot more features than Carrara, and, most of all,  a new facial Faceware animation plugin which allows you to professionally track every feature of your face in realtime.

I'm making my next movie in iClone for those reasons. I feel bad about leaving Carrara, but if the Daz people abandon their software lost in space, am I to be lost too?

I love Virtual World Dynamics so not a big concern.

• argus1000argus1000 Posts: 701
    edited October 2017

iClone also has a dynamic (soft) cloth system that, IMO, is a lot easier than Virtual world dynamics to handle, and you can import all the Genesis figures and it also works with a lot of Daz clothing.

Post edited by argus1000 on
    argus1000 said:

iClone also has a dynamic (soft) cloth system that, IMO, is a lot easier than Virtual world dynamics to handle, and you can import all the Genesis figures and it also works with a lot of Daz clothing.

yes I know, I use iC6 too

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

This is my first DForce experiment in Studio.  It is the old Daz gorilla in a custom conforming shirt.