These could be possible? Plugin ideas

namtar3dnamtar3d Posts: 246
edited October 2017 in Product Suggestions

This is more a few questions than suggestions.

-Real time Rendering: With programs like Marmoset toolbag and lumion, i wonder if Carrara or Daz could handle this technology to improve the speed of work for that people that don't are interested in deep 3d design. Or even for people with low or mid end PC, that can handle a nextgen videogame but still takes hours to make a render. Also, it could open the doors to new possibilites, as muzzle flashes, fake particles, fire and water that are very hard to emulate in a render engine. 

-"Dynamic" skin: I mean, don't just collision detection, but an actual interaction with objects. For example, if Victoria 8 sit on a chair, the legs get deformed as the form as the chair. 

-Procedural enviroments: Or something like that. I mean, imagine you load a city like you do with a videogame. You load GTAV city, then you navigate through the city, choose time of the day, weather and lighting. Then you load your Daz model, pose it, and render.  Now you want a halloween scene, load a Silent hill city, etc.. Vendors could sell new locations in that huge worlds, textures, etc.

Well, just are questions, maybe it is impossible.  

Post edited by namtar3d on

Comments

• My guess is that the second one will soon be possible, using dForce. I'm not sure about the others, though interestingly enough Iray actually has the ability to do realtime after a fashion; it's just not integrated into DAZ Studio.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

You want real time rendering or a procedural environment, you probably should use a game engine, that is what they are for. Marmoset and Lumion will be just as hard on your system if not more as Iray is. if you want "fake" biased lighting, like what most game engines have, switch to 3Delight in DS.

Now rag doll physics, I would love that, alhtough I wouldn't know how they would implement that with a posing app such as DS. I would happy for now with quality IK.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

My guess is that the second one will soon be possible, using dForce. I'm not sure about the others, though interestingly enough Iray actually has the ability to do realtime after a fashion; it's just not integrated into DAZ Studio.

Iray Realtime is too unstable; it crashes much too often. That is why it isn't in Daz Studio; not because we don't want it to be.
  • Chohole said:

My guess is that the second one will soon be possible, using dForce. I'm not sure about the others, though interestingly enough Iray actually has the ability to do realtime after a fashion; it's just not integrated into DAZ Studio.

Iray Realtime is too unstable; it crashes much too often. That is why it isn't in Daz Studio; not because we don't want it to be.

Thanks, both of you. I completely understand the situation; software stability is priority.