Highway rest areas

Does anyone know if Das3D has ever offered one or the other version of those rest-areas you see alongside the highway on long, long road trips?  You know, the sort of thing that you see shortly after you pass the boarder between states in the USA, or sometimes somewhere in the middle of a long, in-state highway length somewhere between major, distant cities.

Typically, there's restrooms, picnic tables, maybe some vending machines, but also those little stands with brochures for all the tourist traps and famous attractions in that state.

Comments

• Should be easy enough to build using the built-in Daz Primitives. Those buildings aren't exactly architectural masterpieces, but are more utilitarian.

There are existing public-style restroom props, I believe (multiple stalls and sinks and urinals), which can be used for this, as well as vending machines of all sorts and newsstands, outdoor furniture, and the like.

Of course if you're looking for a fully interactive environment rather than scenery, I don't recall seeing a complete scene available, with highway turn-off lane, parking areas, sidewalks, signage, and the main building.

• Should be easy enough to build using the built-in Daz Primitives. Those buildings aren't exactly architectural masterpieces, but are more utilitarian.

You've been at some boring rest stops. The last one I was at had all the restaraunts tucked into an all white building with high vaulted glass ceilings and massive glass windows to overlook the highway while you ate and the one before that had a rounded one-story main building like a bunch of sprawling huts had grown together hidden away from the main highway in a wooded nook with picnic tables like a little park. Masterpieces maybe not but you'd have a heck of a time building them from primitives.

You've been at some boring rest stops. The last one I was at had all the restaraunts tucked into an all white building with high vaulted glass ceilings and massive glass windows to overlook the highway while you ate and the one before that had a rounded one-story main building like a bunch of sprawling huts had grown together hidden away from the main highway in a wooded nook with picnic tables like a little park. Masterpieces maybe not but you'd have a heck of a time building them from primitives.

The only one that I've ever been to that's remotely like this is the one on the New York throughway heading to Buffalo/Niagara Falls. I don't remember what it's called but it has gas stations on both sides and all the restaurant and restroom stuff is in the middle of the highway.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,747

I've seen both types,  the OnRoute type with the big gas station in the center and large food court multi chain establishments,  and the smaller,  tourist information types with just pamphlets and booths and chance to use the rest room with a couple vending machines.  Once, in the mountains of Tennesse,   there was just a parking pad and an outhouse,  though that was back in the 80's.  

The only one that I've ever been to that's remotely like this is the one on the New York throughway heading to Buffalo/Niagara Falls. I don't remember what it's called but it has gas stations on both sides and all the restaurant and restroom stuff is in the middle of the highway.

Sounds neat.