Decimator instructions or tutorial

Hello 

I just purchased decimator and I am unable to locate it within DAZ 4.9 or 10 beta. I'm still trying to figure how to use DAZ so forgive me for my ignorance.

Can someone point me to some instructions or a tutorial, please?

All my software is updated to the latest versions.

Thx

Comments

• If you look in Help>About Installed Plug-ins is Decimator listed and does it havea  green icon? Is it waiting for its serial number?

• cismiccismic Posts: 629

Warning Thread Hi-jack and question. :-) 

I'm considering purchasing the descimator as I have used the lorez Lorreta and Lorenzo lorez models. They work pretty good for what I've been doing for extras in a scene.

Still when zooming in you can start to see the low ploygon popup in quality. I know they are for distance but would be nice if this tool would either work with, enhance or be better then that solution. So, when you zoom in to the image you don't see the polygons start to appear, plus would allow me to take advantage of existing clothing to really make a scene different. 

Joseph

• Convert to SubD and (for Iray) adjust the render Subdivision level to reflect closeness - of course that pushes the polygon count back up, but doesn't affect preview.

• Okay, so I bought Decimator but how in the heck do I get it authorized?  I installed through DIM, but don't see any way to authorize it.

• Help>About Installed Plug-ins should have the serial number box, then restart DS