CarraraTors Object Destruction Discussion

0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
edited October 2017 in Carrara Discussion

There is a discussion on Object Destruction over at CarraraTors. If anyone has something to contribute love to see you there.

http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/index.php?topic=360.0  

Post edited by 0oseven on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Argh. That forum doesn't like me. Never lets me in... then it never lets me re-register :(

I have only done a very few experiments with object destruction because it wasn't yet on my plate in my production. But I've just been thinking about getting some practice in. 

Sorry for the headache... again... Ooseven

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

You have to use the second Login button from the top I think Dart

Nice video in that thread you linked to Ooseven.

head wax said:

You have to use the second Login button from the top I think Dart

Nice video in that thread you linked to Ooseven.

Yes!!! Thanks! Too late for me now... but at least I'm logged in for tomorrow! Thanks!!!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

pleasure :)

I can see this evolving into a really cool thread! Thanks for the tip Ooseven!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Maybe this should be a New Topic for Carrara Forum ?

The Fluid sim being developed by Alberto http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/202391/fluids-in-carrara-and-a-plugin-by-alberto-is-coming#latest made me think  perhaps there is a possibility to make a plugin for 'destruction' ? The explode modifier in Carrara  only produces 2D which doesn't look too good and the physics currently only works on defined meshes. What is needed is means for "meshes " to break on collision into 3d pieces. We see impressive examples in C4d,Modo,Realflow etc 

So I'm wondering Is there a talented person who could take this on for Carrara ? Would it be something the wider community would want?  

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

I would certainly be interested in a good destruction plugin, but I have a feeling it would be a massive undertaking.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited October 2017

I would settle for backs to exploded object pieces even if they just mirrored the fronts (maybe a bit more smoothed) to create a more "solid" look

at the moment you can tell the fragments are shells, maybe something using the backfacing polgon visibility to add some pseudo thickness

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2017

hair on reversed normals sort of works

video

Octane turns extra large Carrara hairs with no tip thickness into cinnamon straws

longer hair videos

backfacing hair fill0030.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 423K
    simulated longer0076.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 439K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Wendy - clever!

OK a house with and without a hairy backing

TY Phil

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411
    0oseven said:

Maybe this should be a New Topic for Carrara Forum ?

The Fluid sim being developed by Alberto http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/202391/fluids-in-carrara-and-a-plugin-by-alberto-is-coming#latest made me think  perhaps there is a possibility to make a plugin for 'destruction' ? The explode modifier in Carrara  only produces 2D which doesn't look too good and the physics currently only works on defined meshes. What is needed is means for "meshes " to break on collision into 3d pieces. We see impressive examples in C4d,Modo,Realflow etc 

So I'm wondering Is there a talented person who could take this on for Carrara ? Would it be something the wider community would want?  

PhilW said:

I would certainly be interested in a good destruction plugin, but I have a feeling it would be a massive undertaking.

I am thinking in this as a next project. I learned many interesting things programming the fluid simulator...

• the hair was never terribly convincing and for some reason kept freezing up Carrara on prop buildings I tried, I had to use one that was a figure.

No idea why as other props work.

I wonder if Fenric's Pose and Shading Tools 2 - TowardAway Shader would work for that?

TowardAway Shader Ever wanted to shade the two sides of a polygon different colors? With this simple shader, you can. White when the normal is pointing toward the camera, black when it is pointing away - this is great for simulating linings in clothing (which is nearly always one-sided)

• rk66rk66 Posts: 438

@AB

And here the PyCloid plugin http://www.f1oat.org/pycloid/

further development with Frederic´s permission?

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

I often use this plugin, I like it and I'm following you to ask a further development!

I believe that Frederic is disapointed by the lack of users of his plugin and he dropped out the development.

There is not so much animators in the 3D world, It's very sad!

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626

Wow - some interesting things being done with Carrara - hair as objects for example ? I used hair once to try and create a plasma effect.

But most astounding is, Alberto to the rescue if he would take on this as his next project.

I've posted a couple of videos at Carrarators that illustrate the sort of thing I would hope to see a plugin give Carrara.

http://www.bond3d.byethost18.com/index.php?topic=362.new#new