Question on Spicy Fusion for 200 Plus by Lyoness

The 25 heads are described as They are unique baked morphs and character presets. What are "baked morphs"? Here's a link: https://www.daz3d.com/spicy-fusion-for-200-plus-for-genesis-8-male

Comments

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130
    edited October 2017
    inquire said:

In the product by Zev0 and Dogz, the notation also appears: "Baked morph versions of faces also included." I don't understand what this means. What are "baked morph versions"?  Here's a link to that product: https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-and-face-morphs-for-genesis-8-male-s

Post edited by inquire on
  • evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

I have no idea what that means, I think its marketing speak.

They are worth the money as presets.

Hmmm. Well, I'm guessing baked morphs refers to something slightly different from the presets. I'm trying to understand what that is. I agree that the product looks really good.

edited October 2017

OK. I clicked on the link above. I'm reading it. I see this:  "after testing, the character faces as dials is causing major issues, and creating weird results when blended because of morph clashing. It is best these remain as presets. Maybe if I have time I'll bake them as head morphs as a bonus but then you wont get the morph dials that make up the faces. So I'll include the head presets and head morph versions."

I see Zev0 saying: "Baked means the head presets (made up of product morph dials) are exported into a single head shape morphs that uses no dials. So you can mix those together, or mix those with the preset heads (which use the dials) and get endless variations."

I'm not sure how one would mix baked morphs together. Can someone explain that?

Post edited by inquire on
  • LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    inquire said:

OK. I clicked on the link above. I'm reading it. I see this:  "after testing, the character faces as dials is causing major issues, and creating weird results when blended because of morph clashing. It is best these remain as presets. Maybe if I have time I'll bake them as head morphs as a bonus but then you wont get the morph dials that make up the faces. So I'll include the head presets and head morph versions."

I see Zev0 saying: "Baked means the head presets (made up of product morph dials) are exported into a single head shape morphs that uses no dials. So you can mix those together, or mix those with the preset heads (which use the dials) and get endless variations."

I'm not sure how one would mix baked morphs together. Can someone explain that?

I think everyone has done a good job of answering the questions.

the morphs are on sliders, so you can just move the dials as much as you want and you can use more than one.  it's not an all or nothing kinda thing with morphs.

• Yes, I've used the character face morphs for two different boy characters, dialed each to, say, 50%, and got a new character that was a cross between the two boys.

OK, I understand now. I just had to get a moment to think it through. I'm really into graphic art, not computer coding, so sometimes I think I should not even be using a computer. But I did want to understand the term baked morphs.

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612
    inquire said:

OK, I understand now. I just had to get a moment to think it through. I'm really into graphic art, not computer coding, so sometimes I think I should not even be using a computer. But I did want to understand the term baked morphs.

ok. the options are a baked morph or a preset.

With the preset, you can still see which of the 200 plus elements are being used, their dials will pop up under "currently used".  Presets are usually setup to be on/off.
    If I bake the morph, it means that you can no longer see the elements used.  It's now a "solid" object that is getting loaded in.  You can only see the morph name now. However, you can dial up the percentage of that morph for your character.

I hope that helps.

OK, yes it does. Thank you. yes