Halloween Animation

Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226
edited October 2017 in Carrara Discussion

"Luther's Ride' was done in Carrara using 3D elements from Renderosity, DAZ3D and others.  Special effects were done in Particle Illusion.  It took several weeks with various approaches tried.  The inspiration was those great old carnivals with their spooky Midway attractions like "The Freak Show".

Post edited by Steve K on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

yes  Fun!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Very spooky in a carnival kind of way.  Well done.  

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,226

Diomede, Dartanbeck, thanks.  Lots of credit to the great modelers, some inspirational items in there.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

kewl looking smiley

Mistara said:

kewl looking smiley

Thanks.  I was trying to show the wide range of experience at fairs, carvivals, etc.   A much better exposition is David Foster Wallace's (RIP) essay for Harper's, "Ticket To The Fair" (1994) "Wherein our reporter gorges himself on corn dogs, gapes at terrifying rides, savors the odor of pigs, exchanges unpleasantries with tattooed carnies, and admires the loveliness of cows ... "  I really enjoyed it, laughing out loud in many places.

The whole essay is here:

https://harpers.org/wp-content/uploads/HarpersMagazine-1994-07-0001729.pdf

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

very cool :)

Ivy said:

very cool :)

Thanks.  As I mentioned, its kind of a tribute to all the great Renderosity and DAZ modelers and their very affordable prices, typically $5 to $10 on sale.