cable and cords + morph presets

One of the banal ojects that help to make scenes more true-to-life.

Of course there are cables and cords available here and there. Sometimes they come with an item but often appliances lack them.

And even if they are morphable inch by inch: it's pretty arduous to give the morph a natural appearance.

Wound up, curled, messy, hanging down ... it would be great if an assortment of various materials (plastic or cotton) came together with a set of usual morphs.

Additional separate plugs, hooks, clips ... would make it perfect!

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Yes I could really use more of these especially if they are easy pose.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323

yes it would be nice if you could grab one end and form the morph by dragging it here and there

But let's be modest: various presets would do though

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I've made a note of this. Plugs and cables are something I've done ocasionally in products, and at one point a few years back, I made a set of modular pipes which I intended to add morphing cables to. Well, other work got in the way, and I haven't looked at it since, but I like the idea of a pack of cables, wires, ropes, etc.

I'm not so sure about EasyPose. I have it, and I used it once for a telephone cord, but I found it to be a bit of a pain. Obviously, it's more flexible (excuse the pun) than morphs, but very fiddly to set up.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions on any type of cable that's needed.

• WolpiWolpi Posts: 323

ooh heey wow, Mac! So surprising and nice to meet you - here in my thread smiley

There are so pretty creations of yours in my runtime. And your name always grants for quality. I would purchase anything without doubts.

So it's nice to hear you made a note of my wish. I'm sure you are the right one to realize it properly yes

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited November 2017

Sickleyields constrictor https://www.daz3d.com/the-constrictor  chains etc do in a pinch with a bit of retexturing and can be used with the transfer utility on very segmented cylinders too

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • You need cable & cords maybe some of the Mcasual scripts can help mcjribbons2k17 or mcjPathTube - no morphs - no easypose but the shape is defined by the animation path of a primitive.

BTW this easypose as I understand is some old Poser related technic, isnt it somehow obsolete in DazStudio?

In DS we can select some linking bones and with "Consolidate Propertys" its also possible to do the same bend, twist, side-side across a bone chain. If you want those Pose Controls in the root node you can create a new property and ERC-Freeze that current pose. The only thing that is complicated to arcive is this IK-Chain behaviour I think, that makes it possible to grab some link and with transforming this the other links in the bone chain will follow.

• I'd love to see telephone poles and power poles  with lines that follow a proper cantanry curve...  ideally you could change the distance between poles and the lines would do the proper thing.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

There are some but you have to look for them. https://www.daz3d.com/science-fiction-restraints-iray for example has several cables included and they look pretty good.