dForce cloth settings presets

Needed and wanted.

dForce cloth presets? A set of one click presets for types of cloth. ie: silk, linen, denim, lace, leather, latex and all the others that I am missing. I know someone did a free package for Poser many moons ago and it was a real time saver. I think a lot of us would really like a new set for this excellent dForce package. Anyone up to it? If it is really good, I am sure we would pay for the package.

It is needed and wanted.

Comments

• I think SickleYield has hinted at the possibility of doing these at some point, and some other PAs may do something similar for some of their own products as time permits.

• The trouble is that settings alone won't be enough to specify the material as the mesh resolution and topology are vital too - settings that work for fabric type on a low poly item will be totally wrong on a high poly item.

• Richard, I get your point. Thats fine with me, I just want this for a base line and after, ajustments can be made on the fly. I am an experienced Poser clothroom user and would like to see some of the things (workable) from that program put into use with dForce. I have being wishing for a workable cloth simulator for Studio for a long time and want it to be successful. I am just adding (needed and wanted) what worked for me in Poser and hope it works in dForce. All plugin's need tweeking in some way or form to get the effect needed quickly, in the end, more time can be pushed into creation. A little help here and there. Thats all.

• jag11jag11 Posts: 885

Agree, even with Iray shader presets, you tweek all the time, or is it just me? blush

The trouble is that settings alone won't be enough to specify the material as the mesh resolution and topology are vital too - settings that work for fabric type on a low poly item will be totally wrong on a high poly item.

Here is where specifications come handy, no specifications is an invitation to mesh anarchy, one specification means success most of the time. It happened before with skin shaders in Iray, most of the time skin looks hOrRIblE because so many things failed in the workflow, wrong texture maps, wrong normal maps, wrong specular maps, etc. 

That's the reason we need a specification meshes must comply.

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535

This is pretty much on the second/third of my todo-list now, gonna dip my head into dForce related products in the next few month ;)

Huge Potential