Can't Migrate User Categories from DAZ Studio 4.8.0.59 Pro to DAZ Studio 10

I created my own categories starting before DAZ Studio 4.8.0.59. Since I was not interested at the time in continuing with new figures (Genesis 8), I did not download any version of DAZ Studio 4.9. However, I decided I wanted to try Dforce so through DIMI downloaded and installed 4.10. None of my categories migrated over. I had backed up my data through "Export........and have three User files. My Library and all relevant files are in their default location. I do have some files on my drive G. These are all of my saved scene  that I created. Those migrated over fine.   Even after I imported my data back, it did not show up. Since I back up my C drive on my computer, I kept putting back my DAZ Studio 4.8. I tried to import having all items checked. When that didn't work, I put 4.8 on again and this time only checked  user data as well as the override product metadata (or whatever it is called). I want to buy Genesis 8 files, but if I can't use my categories, it isn't worth it for me. Thanks

Comments

• It shouldn't, I think, matter for importing exported user data, but were you using PostgteSQL in 4.8 or Valentina?

• 3Ddreamer3Ddreamer Posts: 1,300

When I recently logged a ticket with Support on this between 4.8 and 4.10 Beta (PostgreSQL on both) I was told that the export/import doesn't work on non-Daz3D content because the tables didn't match. And I would to recatagorise all the ones which didn't come across again. I am seeing Daz3D content not populating my 4.10Beta catagorise as well after an import. Seems to me the export/import should work regardless and I can't see the difference between Daz3D and non-Daz3D as far as a data table could be concerned. Like Paula says this isn't making it easy to make a move to a later version.

• I was using the latest version of DIM as well as PostgteSQL. I updated from Valentina in the beginning. When I updated from 4.7 to 4.8 everything migrated perfectly. Now nothing migrates, be it DAZ or otherwise. 3Ddreamer is right. How would a data base know what is made in DAZ and what isn't? If that is the case, this is ridiculous.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

User Data should import whether it's Daz 3D content or not.  It may be that the database was corrupt but you should still be able to use the re-import metadata function to move your user data.

• It did not reimport when I tried it.

• I too have a extensive library which I have spent countless hours organizing into categories. My C Drive became full so I moved my library to a 4 terabyte external drive. All of my categories are missing now. Where can I find the original data file, and where do I place it?

• I would like to know this as well "Where can I find the original data file, and where do I place it?" I do not understand why one cannot transfer user categoriized data. (DAZ is losing money because I cannot upgrade.) I have never had any luck exporting and reimporting data.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

I too have a extensive library which I have spent countless hours organizing into categories. My C Drive became full so I moved my library to a 4 terabyte external drive. All of my categories are missing now. Where can I find the original data file, and where do I place it?

Did you Export User Data?

• edited November 2017

I too have a extensive library which I have spent countless hours organizing into categories. My C Drive became full so I moved my library to a 4 terabyte external drive. All of my categories are missing now. Where can I find the original data file, and where do I place it?

where do I find user data?  I moved my daz 3D library, and the “ Studio, and Studio 4” folders  I didn’t find a folder called user data  

Edited to fix quote

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • I too have a extensive library which I have spent countless hours organizing into categories. My C Drive became full so I moved my library to a 4 terabyte external drive. All of my categories are missing now. Where can I find the original data file, and where do I place it?

where do I find user data?  I moved my daz 3D library, and the “ Studio, and Studio 4” folders  I didn’t find a folder called user data  

Edited to fix quote

The exported user data is written to /Runtime/Support/UserData_#.dsx in the first Daz studio content directory, where # will be a number depending on how many exports you have already made. It is reloaded by using the Content Library pane option menu>Content DB Maintenance>Re-Import Metadata, then checking the User data options in the product list dialogue. The /Runtime/Suport folder will also hold the emtadata fiels for installed products.