Scanning Known Directories.

jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
edited November 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Content Library pane > Menu > Scan known directories for files.
Just wondering if anyone has tried doing this in 4.10 yet? I am still running 4.8 because 4.9 lacks the useful function of highlighting mapped folders that contain new content. Regardless of how many requests and bug reports I submitted, it still feels like my needs are being ignored. So I am trying to find out if this works in 4.10 or not and how exactly it works, especially with custom categories, and third party content (like from Renderosity), content that comes with no meta data, because I have no interest in the Smart Content pane. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Post edited by jimmulvaney on

Comments

• Directory flagging was dropped as it had issues - my understanding is that it will not come back, grouping and filtering are used instead. If you want to see a feature that does the job of the old folder highlighting you would probably be best serbed to think of a way to get to it from the new mode of working and to feature requst that.

• I used it once in 4.9 and it does highlight content in much the same way; I don't know if it was added in response to the requests like yours, or if it has been in there for several versions before 4.9. It should still work in 4.10.

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited November 2017

I am willing to give grouping and filtering a chance if I can find a comprehensive set of instructions on how to do it with third party content that comes with no meta data. My biggest issue is locating those files once installed, without a readme file or having to manually search through the folders in the content library pane.

Post edited by jimmulvaney on
  • selias19selias19 Posts: 253

I used that function recently and I found a directory "scan results" in the default categories.

I think that is where the files are saved now. It found a lot of old files that I had removed from view but didn't delete (probably because it was my first scan since I installed 4.10).

The items had a blue frame around them but the directory itself was not blue.

I thnk I can live with that option. One just has to remember what was installed.