Need beautiful non-violent tattoos

For both Gen 8 male and female characters.. prefer flowers, the opposite sex vice versa and military themed that don't include skulls..

Still looking for a good night time HDRI set that includes rooftops and alley ways.. must be based in real areas.. (so the makers know) I never buy the ones that are just computer generated.. My goal is realism .. thanks for helping me achieve it.

Comments

• You can do your own tattoos using layered image editor, as I was told when I asked about this. If you have a design as a PNG with a transparant background you can add it as a new layer, and it appears over the skin materials. If you don't have it on a transparant backround, but have it on white, you can turn it into a multiply layer in photoshop, superimposed over the skin materials, and then merge the layers together and you have the original material file, now with tattoos. Save this under a different name, obviously, so as not to lose the original file, and select the new file to show in 'diffuse colour'. You can also paint the tattoos in photoshop directly onto the skin materials file, if your drawing skills are up to that.

Similar techniques can be used for modifying skin textures and tones, and for changing eyebrows, makeup etc. 

• You can do your own tattoos using layered image editor, as I was told when I asked about this. If you have a design as a PNG with a transparant background you can add it as a new layer, and it appears over the skin materials. If you don't have it on a transparant backround, but have it on white, you can turn it into a multiply layer in photoshop, superimposed over the skin materials, and then merge the layers together and you have the original material file, now with tattoos. Save this under a different name, obviously, so as not to lose the original file, and select the new file to show in 'diffuse colour'. You can also paint the tattoos in photoshop directly onto the skin materials file, if your drawing skills are up to that.

Similar techniques can be used for modifying skin textures and tones, and for changing eyebrows, makeup etc.

OR... Some ingenious capitolist out there will see a need for the product and make one for me that I can just click on the design and it loads on my characters like magic.
    While I appreciate the good feedback dragon artist... respect... I still have no idea how but sounds like a big hassle...  Wheres my flowers and rainbow tatts for my hippies?

• My favorite tattoos are Surreality's V4 characters, DAZ just released some in a bundle for the platinuim club. I highly suggest her work, but you will need Cayman's UV set to make them work for G8s

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871

ShanasSoulmate and Neikdian have several LIE tattoo products for Genesis 3 in the store. Since the UVs are the same, any that work on Genesis 3 will work on Genesis 8. I think there are at least some in those products that do what you want.

• My favorite tattoos are Surreality's V4 characters, DAZ just released some in a bundle for the platinuim club. I highly suggest her work, but you will need Cayman's UV set to make them work for G8s

I'm just going to wish that some capitolist out there is going to see request and make me a nice G8 collection that will go on male or female and I won't have to waste time playing with UV's since they will be made to suite the character... that way we can freqently use this great new asset and not have to always go back and hassle because something is OBSOLETE and needs to be fixed.

I've tried messing around with old versions and it also has the negative side effect of consuming massive amounts of memory when we do apply fixes that aren't customized to reduce wasting memory...

I'm looking for tattoos of flowers and beautiful ideas.. rainbows... religious symbols.. "mother Mary"  praying hands... Come on.. the possiblities are endless..

• vwrangler said:

ShanasSoulmate and Neikdian have several LIE tattoo products for Genesis 3 in the store. Since the UVs are the same, any that work on Genesis 3 will work on Genesis 8. I think there are at least some in those products that do what you want.

I own a bunch of them but they always seem to have such dark themes which is why I'm specifically asking for "beautiful non-violent" tattoos..  I don't need the themes of Satanism and skulls on my angels or mortals.  Yes.. I am asking for a nitch... but I think the positive themed stuff will sell if they make it.

• you do know that with a layer editor function in Daz Studio, you can basically make your own tatoo ?

let me look up the tutorial.

it is easy

easy breezy

• you do know that with a layer editor function in Daz Studio, you can basically make your own tatoo ?

let me look up the tutorial.

it is easy

easy breezy

Sweet... Now that you know how easy it is I'll bet you'll make a really sweet package for sale.. Good luck!

ARGH! The new Inked set is so frustrating! If that set existed for males -- exactly as it is, no changes at all -- I'd get it in a heartbeat. As it is, some of it will work OK on males -- anything that's not at all close to a surface area dividing line -- but the ones I'd really like are the floral sleeves, and those absolutely will not work across sexes without map transfer or geometry shells (... maybe, geoshells and LIE are wonky combinations at the best of times) or something like that.

The question is, is it worth getting at this discount to see if it can be made to work?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    vwrangler said:

ARGH! The new Inked set is so frustrating! If that set existed for males -- exactly as it is, no changes at all -- I'd get it in a heartbeat. As it is, some of it will work OK on males -- anything that's not at all close to a surface area dividing line -- but the ones I'd really like are the floral sleeves, and those absolutely will not work across sexes without map transfer or geometry shells (... maybe, geoshells and LIE are wonky combinations at the best of times) or something like that.

The question is, is it worth getting at this discount to see if it can be made to work?

I would think it could be made to work with a geoshell if you have the UV genderswap product.

edited March 2018
    vwrangler said:

I would think it could be made to work with a geoshell if you have the UV genderswap product.

I hope so. LIE can sometimes get weird on geoshells, though; I think because there's technically nothing for it to layer over properly. You wouldn't think it would matter, but it seems to. Sometimes. And sometimes it's fine.

EDIT: And it turns out that, no, these don't work on geoshells. From the way it's acting, the problem is that in making the temp files, LIE is designed to combine the texture in the preset with the texture it's being layered over is to create a new composite texture. Without an actual texture there, LIE doesn't work properly.

And it turns out they're not the sort of thing that will work as a Diffuse Overlay, either. The tattoos themselves are JPG files (?) with a lot of white. Which is very odd; most LIE tattoos are PNG files with alpha channels. But I tested them on a G8F, and they work just fine so ... whatever.

On G8M UV, the sleeves and the ones that span the upper back are the only ones that fail outright. The male character geometry means that the shoulder/back and the arms are just the wrong size. Everything else lands pretty much exactly where it should.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    vwrangler said:
    vwrangler said:

I hope so. LIE can sometimes get weird on geoshells, though; I think because there's technically nothing for it to layer over properly. You wouldn't think it would matter, but it seems to. Sometimes. And sometimes it's fine.

EDIT: And it turns out that, no, these don't work on geoshells. From the way it's acting, the problem is that in making the temp files, LIE is designed to combine the texture in the preset with the texture it's being layered over is to create a new composite texture. Without an actual texture there, LIE doesn't work properly.

You don't use them as LIEs on a geoshell, you load them as textures with their masks as the opacity mask.