licensing question

AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
edited December 1969 in The Commons

let's say Im writing a book, and every few pages there will be a picture. I buy a daz character here and use that character, unmodified, in my pictures as the main character of the book. All is legally kosher? I'm not, obviously, going to copyright the character appearance as it already is by daz and or the PA who made it. But if the book is named BOB! and the cover and subsequent pictures in the book feature Bob, who is just a character morph I downloaded here, its all ok?

Comments

• Scotty ZScotty Z Posts: 44
    edited December 1969

Every item you buy, or even get free, should come with documentation that lays out the usage rights. In most cases all content is ok for commercial use, so if it says commercial use is ok, you should be good to go.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

What you do with your images is all up to you, no restrictions on renders (except for one character, and that one is mentioned on the product page in the store) I can't actually remember which product(s) it is :red:

Free characters downloaded elsewhere however may have "No Commercial Use" restrictions.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It is this one Pam : http://www.daz3d.com/anna-marie-goddard-digital-clone

It is the only one in the store with these restrictions I believe.

• AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

ah right, I remember that.