Card and icon - image sizes and file types

SandmanGFXSandmanGFX Posts: 75
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Can anybody please post a link to documentation regarding card and icon sizes and their file types associated with the sliders in the parameters/shaping/posing tabs. (Also icons in content library and smart content tabs)

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Card size for the majority of sliders is 147 x 185 pixels, though some can be as small as 91x91 for Poser compatible objects, this also applies to items in the Smart Content tab.

Files are PNG format as they're compressed and support alpha layers allowing for transparent backgrounds. Cards can be changed in the morph's parameters, which is accessible by clicking on the small gear icon on the morph slider.

• SandmanGFXSandmanGFX Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

I've been looking for this information in loads of places, but couldn't find it anywhere. Really helpful, thanks a bunch!

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited December 1969

Here is a link to DAZ's documentation regarding this including a template for you to download, and use:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/assembling/tutorials/custom_parameters/start

• SandmanGFXSandmanGFX Posts: 75
    edited December 1969

Oh way cool! Thanks! I knew it had to be somewhere...

• edited December 1969

So the documentation helped me a little, but I'm having a slightly different problem. I have created presets in Gen X, and I want the icons next to the sliders so I can see which character I want to use. I have figured that out, but the sizes are larger than I want them to be. I have played with the size of the icons, going down to 50 x 75, but it still makes a giant icon. Is this a standard size? I want it to look like the icons provided by actually installed software. Any help is appreciated, and I hope this is possible. Pic 1 is what I want it to look like, Pic 2 is what I seem to get. I am running Daz 4.6.3.52 with the newest Gen X. Thanks,

Pic_2.png
    533 x 582 - 200K
    Pic_1.png
    520 x 630 - 125K
    edited December 1969

What's the size of the images? Remember, for best results the aspect ratio should remain the same as the other images. 147 x 185 is the standard size used by all Daz cards. Much of this can be transparent space, and I recommend it IS transparent as the image is overlayed on TOP of the box which can obscure the name and dials.

Your images have opaque backgrounds, which makes them unsuited for use as cards.

• edited December 1969

I have tried aspect images of 100 x 150, 150 x 197, 150 x 185, 50 x 100. They all appear oversized over the box, regardless of size. I am using the promo pictures as reference, like the Julianna and Young Julianna from the first screen shot. I don't think removing the background because it is the model's face and hair that is blocking the name. I will try to remove the background and see if that works a little.

Thanks,

edited November 2014

147 x 185 is the size of the ENTIRE area which the box covers, but it is NOT the size of the inside of the box. Here's a template you can use as a guide which I've found invaluable in creating my own cards.

As an example, I've also posted my own custom cards as seen in Daz Studio. They were created for the Generation X morphs I transferred from the K4 figures.

Card_Example.JPG
    331 x 408 - 33K
    fw_cardtemplate.png
    147 x 185 - 66K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • edited December 1969

Herald of Fire,

thanks for the template information, its helping a little. One of my problems is that I was trying to apply it to one already created. When I used 90 as my width, it adjusted the height to around 134, which was fine. But it still expanded it beyond that, much more so, as seen in the redhead in the top right. The lorely figure is what I got when I checked the box make 91 x 91 thumbnail, and its closer. What I want is what you were able to do, yours looks amazing. Any chance you could get me a step by step how you did that? Or editing the pictures, I am just using a basic photo editor for cropping, and paint for resizing. I can use photoshop, but I think that's overkill, but if I have to I will.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Lorely.jpg
    382 x 516 - 64K
    Dolly.jpg
    380 x 524 - 66K
  • edited December 1969

All,

I was able to figure it out. I just used Photoshop to make the larger background, and added the layer with the image to the size I wanted. That template was a life saver Herald of Fire. Thanks everyone for your feedback and help.

edited December 1969

Just remember to keep the full card size (147 x 185) REGARDLESS of the actual image size and replace whatever is left with transparent space. The main reason is that it starts 'drawing' your image from the upper-left corner, so any cards which are too small or not aspected correctly are bunched up into that corner.

Glad you could figure it out on your own, but I thought I'd post this information in case anyone else stumbles across the thread and wants to know.