Old Country Farmhouse - Someones been smoking the gange? lol

Thought this was kinda funny, especially since it occurs twice. Should it not say "potted plants"? (I could just see asking for a "Pot Plant" at the local nursery or Greenhouse. Pray no police officer is nearby)) Just thought it was a funny typo for a "farmhouse." Be careful with this one. lol.
​Predatron? Nevermind....... cheeky

Old Country Farmhouse.jpg
1640 x 954 - 441K

Comments

• Very, very funny. I think it's great when this happens. Oh dear.

• HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,663
    edited November 2017
    avxp said:

Very, very funny. I think it's great when this happens. Oh dear.

Right? smiley

Post edited by HorusRa on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

We use the experession Pot Plants quite regularly in the UK.  

edited November 2017
    Chohole said:

Really? I initially thought that possible. I haven't heard that around the US but it could be possible in certain locales.

​"Mam, pardon me, could you tell me which aisle the pot plants are in?"  lol cheeky

• Chohole said:

Yea.. pot plants are a thing :)

• Pack58Pack58 Posts: 750
    Chohole said:

Also perfectly normal in Australasia.

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318
    edited November 2017

I've never called a pot plant a potted plant. 'Potted' is for pool balls and snooker balls. And also for meat, if you're daft enough as a kid to tactfully say 'That was nice, dad', without realising you've just guaranteed the appearance of the stuff on your plate every Saturday for ninety shades of forever :)

Post edited by BlueIrene on
  • AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 415

yup in Belgium too pot plant ;-)

• HorusRa said:

Thought this was kinda funny, especially since it occurs twice. Should it not say "potted plants"? (I could just see asking for a "Pot Plant" at the local nursery or Greenhouse. Pray no police officer is nearby)) Just thought it was a funny typo for a "farmhouse." Be careful with this one. lol.
    ​Predatron? Nevermind....... cheeky

Yeah, I caught that too.  But I figured it just might be a local idiom or phrase.  I would have used "potted plants"  Then again, even that could be misinterpreted by someone thinking that the house was infested with drunk spys lurking in the attic. surprise

edited November 2017

Our area must be different, I have never heard that before. I know people will ask for a plant(s), or a pot, or a planter, and a potted plant. I expected to find a regular plant in a pot if I googled it but instead just articles and pictures of pot plants (e.g., a controlled substance so to speak). surprise

Oh well. Nice model, in the cart it goes.

• Would get a really weird look here in Adelaide if you said potted plant.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

We do say potted plants where I live. We also say pot plant. So go figure.

The textures of the farmhouse set are far too.... Busy for me. It strains my eyes looking at it.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    HorusRa said:

​"Mam, pardon me, could you tell me which aisle the pot plants are in?"  lol cheeky

ROFL. Yeah that could be uncomfortable.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited November 2017

So if "pot plants" is the norm outside of the U.S., what do you call marijuana plants?

then again, a stoner farmhuse would be a unique item in he store, LOL "duuuuude, you gonna get the eggs out of the henhouse, I got the munchies!"

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • (Cough, cough)...

What were we talking about?

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

Yep, it'd be perfectly normal and legal for someone to ask for a pot plant here in Washington state.

Oh, wait, you want a plant in a pot?  Yeah, that's not how we say that here...  ;)

--  Morgan

• So if "pot plants" is the norm outside of the U.S., what do you call marijuana plants?

then again, a stoner farmhuse would be a unique item in he store, LOL "duuuuude, you gonna get the eggs out of the henhouse, I got the munchies!"

In South Africa we also say pot plants- potted plants sounds odd to me. 

We call it Dagga. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

So if "pot plants" is the norm outside of the U.S., what do you call marijuana plants?

We call them Cannabis Plants in the UK.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

So I guess the slang term "pot" is more of a U.S. thing then, go figure. I am so used to if something is in a pot, then it is potted. indecision

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918

Pot is just a slag term that is used.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

I have heard it called marijuana, maryanne, weed, pot, dope, s**t or grass, among others :)

• BlueIreneBlueIrene Posts: 1,318

It's called pot here sometimes too, but it's mostly called weed, at least in my area of the UK.

• frank0314 said:

"Slag" or "Slang"? surprise I get a totally different meaning from the phrase "slag term". devil

• So if "pot plants" is the norm outside of the U.S., what do you call marijuana plants?

A cash crop.

edited November 2017

It's called pot here sometimes too, but it's mostly called weed, at least in my area of the UK.

Weed, grass, wacky baccy in the area where I grew up  (close to London) 

And  Mŵg drŵg  (pronounced moog droog) meaning literally bad smoke here in Wales.

Post edited by Chohole on
    frank0314 said:

"Slag" or "Slang"? surprise I get a totally different meaning from the phrase "slag term". devil

I think Frank meant to type Slang. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,793

I noticed that too and was actually hoping for a 3D marijuana plant. I think it would be very useful for future art, especially after it becomes legal here in California on January 1. I hope a PA really does create a "pot" plant LOL.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Yeah, we say "potted plant" where I live and saying "pot plan" would definitely get you some side-eye. 

• I hear buds mostly from my friends