DForce: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware

evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
edited November 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Anyone had this happen before? its happened twice now while trying to run a simulation.

2017-11-11 11:49:13.913 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(30): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_NDRANGE_KERNEL on (Device 0).

2017-11-11 11:49:13.932 WARNING: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2188): ERROR: Memory Object Allocation Failure (-4)
2017-11-11 11:49:15.009 Total Simulation Time: 2 minutes 16.21 seconds

Post edited by evilded777 on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

Yes, I get that error when things become too complicated during simulation and the memory usage makes either the VRam or rthe RAM's brain capacity explode.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464

I have a Titan X...so that seems likely an unlikely explanation for me. Reducing the complexity of non essential objects did seem to resolve.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

I have a Titan X...so that seems likely an unlikely explanation for me. Reducing the complexity of non essential objects did seem to resolve.

That does seem to indicate a memory issue.  What if you use the original scene but also flag all the non dynamic surfaces as 'not visible to simulation'?  And would it not be wonderful to have a script that did that for you, for all selected objects (and, optionally, children of those objects)?

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,464
    SimonJM said:

That does seem to indicate a memory issue.  What if you use the original scene but also flag all the non dynamic surfaces as 'not visible to simulation'?  And would it not be wonderful to have a script that did that for you, for all selected objects (and, optionally, children of those objects)?

I have now had it happen with nothing but Genesis 3 and a single clothing object in a scene, so I am going to go out on a limb and say its not memory related.