Weird Draw Styles thing

I thought this one was weird enough to share. Sometimes DS just wakes up and decides it's time for a change. In this case, DS seems to have invented some strange new draw style. I took screen shots of how DS is now loading scenes, and how they look after I switch to Texture Shaded draw style. Note the icon shown for the Draw Styles in the image with the higher gamma - it appears nowhere in the drop-down. Once I choose Texture Shaded, this "mystery option" is gone, presumably until I load another scene, when it will return. Any idea what is going on here? Note that I'm still using 4.8.

1.jpg
696 x 417 - 58K
2.jpg
689 x 419 - 56K

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018
    edited November 2017

The  draw style in image 2 is called "cartoon shaded", and lives right above the nVidea symbol, and it should be in that list. If it's not in there in the list "regularly", there might be something missing from your STudio. I use 4.8 as well.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • JQPJQP Posts: 511

No, in my DS, cartoon shaded has a different icon, one a lot like texture shaded. And the draw style that was loading in definitely wasn't cartoon shaded. Whatever it was, the problem only arose a few times, and hasn't recurred.