Genesis 8 and old content

One of the selling points of Genesis 8 is backwards compatibility. So; I have Regenesis Catworld Lion and I'm wondering how do I plunk content from that onto a Genesis 8 model? Particularly the shapers.

Comments

• Backward compatibility refers to being able t AutoFit clothes and other conformers, and to using the Genesis 3 mapping. The tools exist to transfer morphs and there is a thread discussing this, older textures will require an add-on however.

• Backward compatibility refers to being able t AutoFit clothes and other conformers, and to using the Genesis 3 mapping. The tools exist to transfer morphs and there is a thread discussing this, older textures will require an add-on however.

where is the addon to be found

pete

• The PA Cayman Studios has several sets to add one or other UV set to a given figure (there isn't a one product solution for all, though if you are able to make UVs it can be doen in a 3D modeller that can bake textuees between meshes)

• Hey Richard,

So would Cayman's "Legacy UVs for Genesis 8: Victoria 4" work for the "V4 Muscle Maps"? To get them to work on G8? And if so, would it also allow for the included "bump maps" to work?

Been hoping forever that someone would update the V4 Muscle Maps, but it seems to have been forgotten about.

Thanks.

- Sol

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited November 2017

The attached image shows a comparison between the Muscle Maps on Victoria 4 and the same textures on Genesis 8 Female using the Legacy UVs.  Bear in mind that the Muscle Maps were designed specifically for the Victoria 4 shape and that they are more unforgiving in terms of minor unavoidable distortions than a normal skin texture would be.

muscle_maps_comparison.jpg
    1030 x 620 - 147K
    Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • Yes, that should work - and yes, all the map types use the same UVs. Don't forget that you need the materials as a .duf file, so you'd need to apply them (to Genesis say, or better to Victoria 4 if you have the figure) and save as a Materials preset. Of course the shader would be the basic one, not one of the newer 3Delight or Iray shaders, so there might be a need for reworking.

• Thanks Guys. Not perfect, but it does work. Good to know.

I think I will try once more to request it in the product suggestions. :-)

It's such a nice artist drawing tool. Just wish it had the full functinality of the G8 figures now.

- Sol

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,135
    edited November 2017

For a more complete picture here are some full body comparisons of the Muscle Maps.  The Victoria 4 originals are on the left and the Genesis 8 Female with the Victoria 4 Legacy UVs are on the right.

Muscle_Maps_front_comp.jpg
    1630 x 1184 - 273K
    Muscle_Maps_back_comp.jpg
    1630 x 1184 - 257K
    Muscle_Maps_side_comp.jpg
    1230 x 1184 - 209K
    Post edited by Cayman Studios on
  • solarviewsolarview Posts: 272
    edited November 2017

Thanks, Cayman.  

Can you tell if the bump-maps line up mostly?

I think I'll give it a try. Soooooo..., got a sale coming up soon?  ;-)

- Sol

Post edited by solarview on
  • Thanks, Cayman.  

- Sol

• solarviewsolarview Posts: 272
    edited November 2017

To clarify, I use the Muscle Maps for art drawing purposes. So my concern is how well the bump maps line up, particualrly when you get into more fit and muscular phisiques and muscle structure. 

Thanks for your help on this.

And to the OP: I do apologize, I didn't mean to high-jack your post here. I thought it related in my first post about backwards-compatibility. It's just expanded beyond that a bit now to specifics of another product. Hopefully there's useful info in there for you too. :-) 

- Sol

Post edited by solarview on

Hey Richard, Any chance you know the title of that thread? Went looking for it, got 10 pages deep and didn't see it. No worries if you don't, i'll keep looking. But hoping you might, for expediency.  :-)

• Solarview said:

Thanks, Cayman.  

- Sol

Sol, the bump maps will align with the diffuse textures just as they do on the original, if that is what you mean, so you can take what you see in the images as a fairly accurate guide.

• Thanks, Cayman.