Show me your Emission Profile Master renders [Commercial]

2»

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,525
    edited November 2017

Hi,

I'm really excited about using your new release and it was an instant purchase! However when I attempted to download the PDF associated with it for additional instructions, I received an error-- "forbidden." I know I can figure it out by playing with it...I justed wanted to jumpstart the process. Thanks.

Trish

Sorry, something went wrong when it was packed up at DAZ, I have already issued an update (for a repack) last week, so it will show up today or tomorrow in DIM.

The PDF is supposed to be inside trhe EPMResources folder and be named just "EPM_Manual.pdf", then it will load from the script using the "Manual" button.

Post edited by Totte on
  • Just picked this up and had a quick play with it. Very self explanatory for someone who hasn't been using DAZ for very long  and a very easy way to create not only realistic but very creative lights. I think this will be a great solution to many lighting problems! Renders quite quickly from the test I am doing now.

Also very handy when used with light manager Pro.

Well done!

Just picked this up and had a quick play with it. Very self explanatory for someone who hasn't been using DAZ for very long  and a very easy way to create not only realistic but very creative lights. I think this will be a great solution to many lighting problems! Renders quite quickly from the test I am doing now.

Also very handy when used with light manager Pro.

Well done!

Thank you!

And now, show me what you do with it!!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

had a quick play....very cool

4.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    6.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 1M
    Szark said:

had a quick play....very cool

Great work Szark!

• I bought it can't get it to work yes I am a simple man.Maybe a video for stupid people like me

edited November 2017

I bought it can't get it to work yes I am a simple man.Maybe a video for stupid people like me

You need a prop or figure with an emissive surface selected (simplest way is to load one of the two emitters from Props->Emission Profile Master  and select it in the scene and then run the script

Post edited by Totte on
  • Totte said:

I'm not too sure that the forums can handle my renders ......... angel

Totte said:

I'm not too sure that the forums can handle my renders ......... angel

there is photoshop and black squares, you can after you censored it call it black cat in coal mine.

• Just a very quick play and render. I have to say this seems to render a lot quicker than a typical emissive light. I only used the one light... image size 2000x1400, 5000 iterations in 1hr 22mins on my Nvidia GTX 960. THis could quite easily be one of my favorite products purchased on Daz!

Hot Rod 01 5000it 1hr22min.png
    2000 x 1400 - 3M

Just a very quick play and render. I have to say this seems to render a lot quicker than a typical emissive light. I only used the one light... image size 2000x1400, 5000 iterations in 1hr 22mins on my Nvidia GTX 960. THis could quite easily be one of my favorite products purchased on Daz!

Looking great!

• Thanks Totte. Is there any way to point the default output directory to a different directory?

Thanks Totte. Is there any way to point the default output directory to a different directory?

Click the "choose" button beside the directory name (sometimes though depending och OS and security settings I might not be able to write to it, but thats a rare case)
    Irt will remember the choosen directory.

• Alright, here is a safe render LOL. There are 11 of these lights (round emitter), all in the ceiling.

Casual Friday.png
    1828 x 893 - 2M

Alright, here is a safe render LOL. There are 11 of these lights (round emitter), all in the ceiling.

Really nice one!  and so forum safe too ;.-)

• Would I be correct in saying that if you are going to use your own filenames instead of the default one, then you need to make sure that it contains the .ies file extension on it? The reason I ask is because I saved using my own filename, without .ies as the file extension, then no matter what changes I made using the sliders, the light looked the same (as if the light was emitting evenly at all angles).

ies is important as otherwise the emissive handler on the surface kindly refuses to load the file.

An update for this is now in DIM, fixes an issue on Windows, that sometimes, when saving out the .ies file with a relative path, got into an endless saveloop.