Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs have disappeared in Last release

dramenondramenon Posts: 52
edited November 2017 in Daz Studio Discussion

Greetings,

Need some additonal ideas as this last release seems to have wiped out Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs.

1. Windows Daz Stusio 4.10.0.107
  2. Re-installed files
  3. Reset DB

Nothing is bringing these files back yet... Any ideas if this is a known issue or way to get it back?

The attached image shows no "upper or lower" morphs.

Capture.PNG
146 x 552 - 10K
Post edited by dramenon on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 7,018

You said you reinstalled the morph files. Can you check manually if they are still at the proper location in your runtime? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/12994/file_list

If not, has the location of installation changed for some reason (assuming you are using DIM)?  Maybe set it accidently back to default settings while your path is different from default?

• Thanks I'll check the paths again.

It's just odd and probably the first time I have had content just not show up > DIM has been pretty darn solid!

Has anyone else had issues with using a non-defaut install location? Or tips? I like to have everything live away from the OS installed drive for a variety of reasons.

Thanks

• I tracked down the files and they were being copied to another path. Thanks for pointing that out.

• dramenon said:

Thanks I'll check the paths again.

It's just odd and probably the first time I have had content just not show up > DIM has been pretty darn solid!

Has anyone else had issues with using a non-defaut install location? Or tips? I like to have everything live away from the OS installed drive for a variety of reasons.

Thanks

way back even before DIM I installed my stuff into custom folders...  and always on a separate drive... (remember when the only way to have content was to let DAZ scan the entire computer?) then you could target a drive...  and now with the Content manager you can add a folder...
    --
    my current daz drive ... is letter G... there are a hundred top level folders... numberer and labeled  10 genesis, 10 humnoids, 12 hair, 18 poses, 21 clothes etc... 
    --
    you can tell DIM which folders to install to... 
    ---
    i have about 8K items and overall in works well...
    --
    I have the drive duped...  and the drive arrangement itself is my content sorted... so I don't have to worry about rebuilding the content
    ---
    *that was a joy with muliple drives filled with things like games and mods, books, pictures, etc. 
    ---
    I can't even imagine having to do that now as I have about 20tbs on line.

• dramenon said:

(remember when the only way to have content was to let DAZ scan the entire computer?)

I think your memory is playing trricks on you - I've never let DS scan for content, it's always been possible to set the location of the content directories (assuming the content was correctly placed in the content diectory, of course).