The GamePrint service. So far, they're awesome

When DAZ sent out the samplers (seems like years ago), I was impressed by the detail. I was really excited at the possibility of getting some of my characters crafted with such quality, but I almost forgot about it because there was just silence on the topic for so long. I was again hopeful when the plugin became available, and I had scenes that were ready to go. Admitedly, It took me some soul searching when I saw the price. What if the quality isn't what I hope?  Are these guys going to be as slow to respond to anything out of the SOP as DAZ is? But, finally, I looked over at the sample character still prominently placed on my desk and decided that not following through over the price after so much prior interest would be something I regretted. So, I picked out a posed scene with a single character and put in my order.

First, the order process was very easy: Isolate the character, and click on the Order button. The import took maybe 5 minutes overall, and the model came across with no obvious errors.  After uploading to Game Print's site, I still an opportunity to choose size and finish, or to even abandon the whole thing, but of course my  mind was already made up. Though I could have asked for an unpainted figure, or one with a solid color for less money, I was already sold on letting the experts paint it for me. 

From there, I could see that the they were going to review the model, and I fully expected the whole process to take some time. To my surprise, the validation only took a few hours, and they already set a completion date. My order has now been shipped and is supposed to arrive by Friday. I have to say that the communication with GamePrint has been beyond outstanding. I'm sure that once they start getting deluged, they wont be able to do this, but I do have some images of my print being produced in their workshop to share.

20171102_075220.jpg
2523 x 1892 - 569K

Comments

• Thisi s the base.  I like how they work on these in two pieces

DSC_0015.jpg
    1064 x 1892 - 226K
    IMG_20171107_100049.jpg
    1063 x 1892 - 244K
  • This is the base character, probably fresh of the support latice. Notice the clothing lines around the hips. In the original scenes, those did not appear because they were made invisible for the render. It never occured to me that they would end up in the print.

DSC_0016.jpg
    1064 x 1892 - 212K
    IMG_20171107_090107.jpg
    1063 x 1892 - 226K
    IMG_20171107_090100.jpg
    1063 x 1892 - 201K
  • And here is the smoothed base. You can see those clothing lines, in the on e image, but after some work, the artists removed them to stay true to the rendered scene. Great work on their part!

IMG_20171107_083335.jpg
    1063 x 1892 - 325K
    20171107_154653.jpg
    1419 x 1892 - 425K
  • So now with a smoothed and sculpted model, they started painting. I honesty expected they would prime it and paint is as expediently as possible, but again, these artists went above and beyond. I am just so impressed with the amount of work and attention to detail.

20171109_090225.jpg
    1419 x 1892 - 414K
    20171109_090258.jpg
    1419 x 1892 - 409K
    20171109_095730.jpg
    1419 x 1892 - 256K
    20171109_162414.jpg
    1419 x 1892 - 372K
    20171109_162421.jpg
    1419 x 1892 - 393K
  • I dont have an image of the finished product, but when it arrives, I'll post the conclusion to this saga.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,970

I have to say that if the end result is half as good their contact and support has been from the evidence in the forums and email any figure is going to be corking!

• Simon,

It is our greatest pleasure, and we can't wait Scott to get his finished Model!!

SimonJM said:

I have to say that if the end result is half as good their contact and support has been from the evidence in the forums and email any figure is going to be corking!

• The samples sent out a while back were not from the same people.

• maraichmaraich Posts: 491

Looks like the entire process - cleanup and painting - require a heck of a lot of effort and skill. I'm impressed by what I am seeing.

• Mike from GamePrint sent me an image of the finished product, and here it is. The detail in the outfit is amazing. I's hard to see the face because of the hair I put on the model. Next time, I'll consider how the base model will affect the print, but they did a remarkable job making up for my lack of foresight,

I can't wait until Friday!

23627215_10159476815855648_1151942853_o.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 128K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602
    edited November 2017

I admit when I see these images I am a bit  concerned for the painters. Using an airbrush without properly rated breathing apparatus can be hazardous and some of these paints give off fumes which can be difficult on the respiratory system. I hope suitable precautions and safety measures are taken to make the models in a safe and  healthy way. 

I did airbrushing for years and met many people who didn’t use proper respiratory equipment. 

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • That looks outstanding! Congrats Scott. You will be getting a true keepsake for sure. Thanks for sharing you experience.

• Thanks for you're the concern, we love our artists and they are family. You will hardly smell any thinner or paints in the studio. We chose to use safe products, so they are not dangerous to the artists and our customers. Additionally, they are convenient to work with. 

I admit when I see these images I am a bit  concerned for the painters. Using an airbrush without properly rated breathing apparatus can be hazardous and some of these paints give off fumes which can be difficult on the respiratory system. I hope suitable precautions and safety measures are taken to make the models in a safe and  healthy way. 

I did airbrushing for years and met many people who didn’t use proper respiratory equipment. 

• Last Update.

The figure came a day earlier than expected (Thanks DHL!). I have to say that no pictures can really do it any justice; at least not with my meager photographic skills. It's just spectacular. Actually everything is way above my expectations. 

First, the Box it came in. Yes, it's cardboard, but also beautiful and sturdy.
    Second. The packing was obviously done with serious care and attention to detail.
    Third, the figure and base came separately. they took the time to use a metal post, and there are magnets in the base and feet of the figure to hold it in place.
    And last but not least:  The shading and detail of the paint job is exemplary. No image I took shows how well they did. The whole figure is so well crafted, I ordered another, and am working on a third.
    To say I'm impressed would be a gross understatement.

DSCN0730.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 6M
    DSCN0731.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 6M
    DSCN0733.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 6M
    DSCN0732.JPG
    4608 x 3456 - 5M

Very cool! She look  great

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

She does indeed!

Perhaps an odd question: what does it smell like? Plastic, or paint, or nothing?

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    Toonces said:

She does indeed!

Perhaps an odd question: what does it smell like? Plastic, or paint, or nothing?

As someone that collects this style of figure but has a tiny budget, that is a very important question. Some of the other brands can leave your home reeking for DAYS. But those are using a very different process and material from Game print I believe, I expect these beauties to have virtually no odor, juding from what I've read online.
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307

Can you post a Daz render of your character?

• scottquintscottquint Posts: 15
    edited November 2017
    Toonces said:

She does indeed!

There is no smell whatsoever. Of course my sense of smell is pretty muted.

Post edited by scottquint on

I admit to having a keen sense of smell so its nice to hear that the models don't have an odor.

• Wahil said:

Here is a quick render. I didn't put any effort into the lighting or backdrop. I just rendered it for the request

Render1.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M
  • HoMartHoMart Posts: 480
    Congrats, looks awesome. Can just second your experience with GamePrint, great customer service. Tracking just told me, that my order has reached my hometown and is on the delivery truck. Can't wait to get home after work. ☺
  • WahilWahil Posts: 307
    Wahil said:

Here is a quick render. I didn't put any effort into the lighting or backdrop. I just rendered it for the request

No lighting or backdrop needed.  I just wanted to compare the two.  Thanks.

• GamePrintGamePrint Posts: 539
    edited November 2017

Hey, we do our best to provide our artists with the safest materials and paints.

We use odourless paints. This will also make sure that our customers also don't have to go through the whole process of waiting for the smell to go away before placing their figures in their showcases.

Toonces said:

She does indeed!

Post edited by GamePrint on
  • thats awesome, good work there. Very good detailed printing and painting.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,941

..wow another one.  Once again looks like they do excellent work.

Time to dust off those Base Camp bases