DS SLOoooow Why? iRay and 3delight

I know part of the answer..I do not have an Nvidia graphics card, so I'm using CPU rendering for iray... Since 4.10 my time to render has increased at least 10 fold. Right now I am rendering a portrait ... there are 3 figures but the camera is aiming at one head. Using 3 lights, usual portrait setup. After 1 hour and 20 minutes it is at 5%. 

It used to be much fast with previous versions. What has changed? 
I've noticed this with all renders I've tried. 

And it isnt just iray... 3delight is also much slower.  my system isnt all that slow .. Intel i7 4790 quad @3.6ghz with 16gig ram. 

I am a novice with DS ..just started to really get into it after many trials and tribulations ... and trips back to Poser..but I am dedicated now to figuring this program out. 

Comments

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

If it coincides with an update I would check the render settings.

DS updates sometimes reset the render settings to some (very slow) defaults.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,792
    prixat said:

If it coincides with an update I would check the render settings.

DS updates sometimes reset the render settings to some (very slow) defaults.

thank yiou..only problem i wouldnt know if the settings were slow or not..i know nothing of the render settings. i am barely able to figure out where my content is. 

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,588

There was a thread somewhere with sample render settings...

...but we're overdue for an updated one, post a screen capture and someone will be able to tell if they are the cause. smiley