Elvis for G8M WIP

GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
edited November 2017 in Art Studio

I decided to update another one of my celebrity morphs from Genesis 1 to Genesis 8 Male.  Again, the base figure is technically G8F with a male morph applied, since I only have sufficient merchant resource morphs for G8F, but the final product will be transfered to G8M.  As the thread title suggests, this is still a work in progress, so feedback is welcome!

Elvis.jpg
900 x 900 - 509K
Elvis2.jpg
900 x 900 - 491K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

I think eyes, eybrows and mouth are pretty close!  The nose might need some work.  

• Thanks, Worlds_Edge!  Could you be a bit more specific about the nose?  Is it the ridge slope, nostrils, etc?

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148

I think that perhaps his nose should be slightly longer and that it tapers to more of a point at the tip (althought the point is far more visible from side and 3/4 views than front views).  I think he also has a very very slight bump on an otherwise very straight nose.  I'm not very good at explaining, and lord help me if I try to make a morph appear like something out of real life, lol   I did look up some charicatures because they exaggerate features and might show what I mean - although I'm not suggesting any charicature like morphing!.  Here are some links.  That said, I think you have a great likeness.  I recognized him immediately.

Nose tip from side - https://www.tomrichmond.com/?s=elvis

Slight bump and sharper tip - http://www.johnkascht.com/content.html?page=10

A description of elvis' nose - http://www.drawing-faces-and-caricatures-made-easy.com/caricatures-elvis-presley.html

https://www.toonpool.com/cartoons/Elvis_115933

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

It is very good. I am always surprised at how different people can look in different lighting and at different angles even though it's clear that is Elvis. I see this effect in photographs and with DAZ models too. The best way to see if you have all the face geometry sculpting very near correct is to gather different pictures of Elvis with the lighting at different angles and face at different angles so you can be sure to notice all the subtle geometry that isn't so clear in photographs.

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited November 2017

Thanks for the feedback!  Here are some updated renders.  What do you think?  I'll post a few posed renders under different lighting soon.

Elvis.jpg
    900 x 900 - 506K
    Elvis2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 488K
    edited November 2017

Did Elvis Presley dye his hair black because pictures of him as a child show him as blond. Plenty of blonds grow up to have dark brown hair but I've never heard of one grow up to have black hair. Maybe it was just the oil he put in his hair that made it look black.

Anyway, I've been comparing your two renders and it looks very close. More so than even your Christopher Reeve. I think makely if you were to create some of the lighting setups used in some of the Elvis portaits it would even more so more clearly illustrate the good work you've done. The skin needs some of that SSS transluncency scatter too, I think it would be very helpful for softening the nose & jawline Elvis was famous for. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited November 2017

SSS is actually already applied, though it may seem subtle in the above renders.  Too subtle, perhaps?  Also, I think Elvis did dye his hair.

Anyway, here are a couple of renders under more dramatic lighting and from a couple of different angles.

Elvis3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 404K
    Elvis4.jpg
    900 x 900 - 423K
    edited November 2017
    Gregorius said:

SSS is actually already applied, though it may seem subtle in the above renders.  Too subtle, perhaps?  Also, I think Elvis did dye his hair.

Anyway, here are a couple of renders under more dramatic lighting and from a couple of different angles.

Yes, the lighting means your model look more like Elvis - he was hardly even seen in public without dramatic lighting.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited November 2017

I think it is comming along good buttttt, I do have a pick about his nose.

Elvis's nose was not quite so big in the middle.

Here is a picture of him to show you what I mean:

Post edited by Saphirewild on
    edited November 2017

Thanks.  You might have a point.  Here are the results of another tweak to the nose.

Elvis3.jpg
    900 x 900 - 447K
    Elvis4.jpg
    900 x 900 - 470K
    edited November 2017

Here's a test render that actually attempts to emulate a photo of him (at least with respect to lighting and camera angle).

Elvis5.jpg
    900 x 900 - 278K

There, at the tip of his nose is, I'm not sure what they call it, but like a small dimple, or cleft chin, I'm not sure if I see it on your model, I think I do but the lighting make be a smidgen too bright & it washed it out.

edited November 2017

Here's an updated frontal shot.  I think he's at least approaching the final draft, but what do you think?

Elvis4.jpg
    900 x 900 - 424K

I think you are done, although I think his facial hair was typically not so visible as he was a blond & dyed his hair black. Facial stubble was also not stylish then.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    edited November 2017

I'll Have a Blue Christmas... without Your G8M Elvis... you're doing excellent work! 

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I think it is just about perfect except he needs to have a slight snarl on his top lip if you look at Elvis he is always kinda snarling.

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    edited November 2017
    Gregorius said:

No Way - That's Great!  Thanks!!