Trouble with IK keyframes

bzundelbzundel Posts: 5
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

I've been animating in many packages for a long time, but now I'm attempting some hand animation in Daz, and I'm finding that the IK is not working as planned for me. Maybe I'm missing something, but the feet seem to be failing to follow the IK keys. Here's a video explaining the problem. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks!

IK Problems in Daz Studio

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

bzundel said:
    I've been animating in many packages for a long time, but now I'm attempting some hand animation in Daz, and I'm finding that the IK is not working as planned for me. Maybe I'm missing something, but the feet seem to be failing to follow the IK keys. Here's a video explaining the problem. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks!

IK Problems in Daz Studio

I don't think you will be able to do better then that in DS at this time .
    Some body else may be more help .
    None of my stuff has running that I made - I use BVH files .

• SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
    edited April 2013

As far as I know there is no real solution to your problem it's an annoying limitation of the software.
    If you can afford it I'd recommend using Carrara Pro over Daz Studio for animating Daz characters but even it has it's own set of problems, the IK however is much better because in Carrara you can give Genesis actual IK targets and animate those.

Post edited by Sonofbelmont on
  • bzundelbzundel Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

If that is the case, IK is pretty much useless in DAZ Studio. The whole point of IK is to be able to lock hands and feet down, and if pinning or keying doesn't do that, it's unusable. That would be my first feature request.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I think,, if you need to modify your poze (with IK), and you have no plan to buy Carrara, (or I clone or more expensive tools)
    this web free animation tool may help you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA9sslLCGiI
    http://www.ikinema.com/?mod=products&show=5
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19844/

now there is you tube simple tutorial for DAZ genesis too.
    (I could not do it well before,, but now it seems work as I hope)

I am thinking and serching good usage of IKinema web animate,
    to mofiy animation of genesis. Because,,I have not understand whati is most powerful point of this tool,,):roll:

I needed to export Genesis as FBX as Base figure to web animate, then transfer animation to
    target rig, then modify and save it as new BVH.

I think,, there is many difficulity if I use only Daz studio for making keyframe animation with IK pozing.
    Actually I have tried and experienced them as new user, then once give up to make simple animation with gensis in daz studio.
    (though I can buy many many aniblock for V4 ,, from daz shpe, and reuse themm,,, but it can not feel me I made something by my self)

Animate 2 is great tool , but it can not remove DS IK and somehow broken pins problem of daz studio.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bzundel said:
    If that is the case, IK is pretty much useless in DAZ Studio. The whole point of IK is to be able to lock hands and feet down, and if pinning or keying doesn't do that, it's unusable. That would be my first feature request.

i would go for iclone, if you want a cheap solution for this.
    or use blender rigify.

these IK problems are reported 2 years ago, carrara is no alternative believe me.
    the community is still waiting on solutions.