Editable newspapers, posters, handbills, paper money etc

I just thought this would be a great thing to really individualize renders. Imagine being able to create newspapers with relevant headlins, articles for characters to be reading, and job advertisements to respond to.

There's also the chance to then create classic western "Wanted" poster, handbills for events and businesses.

My last thought is paper money should be editable to reflect the cuurency of the location... surprisingly not all renders happen in 21st century USA.

Comments

• Gosh, sorry about all the typos! Maybe I need an Editor toowink

• Those things would have to occur in an image editor since there are no fonts in Daz Studio. You can do them as decals using the LIE editor or do decals, but the graphics themselves will still originate in an image editor, to the best of my knowledge. You can also get the UV templates for the product and set up the paper or wanted poster etc., then apply as a texture.

• Those things would have to occur in an image editor since there are no fonts in Daz Studio. You can do them as decals using the LIE editor or do decals, but the graphics themselves will still originate in an image editor, to the best of my knowledge. You can also get the UV templates for the product and set up the paper or wanted poster etc., then apply as a texture.

Thanks for your comment Cris. I knew that photoshop or gimp was going to have to be part of the process, I used to alter texture maps for POSER when I dabbled in that program a few years ago.

I just thought something like this product https://www.daz3d.com/everyday-stationery ,but with torn edged posters, newspaper sheets, open or folded and bank notes, both as individual notes and bundles might be of interest.

Still learningwhere to find stuff in DAZ studio.

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438

I *think* my next pack will be money. I was doing a bit of research into it a couple of month ago, but I got side-tracked with another product.

The bottom line is that every country has strict rules on the reproduction of currency. For example,

There are, however, conditions by which you can create illustrated reproductions of paper currency under the Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992:

The illustrations have to be less than three-quarters smaller or one-and-a-half times larger, in lineal dimension, than the original.
    The illustrations have to be one-sided.
    Any negatives, proofs, plates, or storage mediums that feature an image of the illustration have to be destroyed after their final use.As far as coinage is concerned, there are no restrictions on taking photographs or creating illustrations, as there is no chance of a paper illustration of a quarter being mistaken for an actual coin

Europe

For publicly accessible digital images, a banknote may be reproduced if both the following criteria are met:
    The resolution of the image is 72 dpi or less.
    The word “SPECIMEN” is printed diagonally across the reproduction in a contrasting colour – the length of the word “SPECIMEN” must be at least 75% of the length of the reproduction and the height of the characters must be at least 15% of the width of the reproduction

You can download specimens of banknotes here.

http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/Pages/reproducing_banknotes.aspx

http://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/coins/html/index.en.html

As you can see, the restrictions make it impractical to do a 3d pack. So instead, I'm probably going to invent my own 'World Currency'. If customers want to change the templates for personal use, that's up to them.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2017

So we could have a note for a Dazillion Dazeros ?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

I’ve made my own headlines and magazines for Daz and it can be fun. You need a photo editing program and a text generator. There are also a few newspaper generators on the web which can make pages for the newspaper although probably no for commercial use they are fun to play with.

There is a good set for money on rendo by 2nd world over on rendo called Everyday items: Money which has a ton of good money props including coins and credit cards.

• I’ve made my own headlines and magazines for Daz and it can be fun. You need a photo editing program and a text generator. There are also a few newspaper generators on the web which can make pages for the newspaper although probably no for commercial use they are fun to play with.

There is a good set for money on rendo by 2nd world over on rendo called Everyday items: Money which has a ton of good money props including coins and credit cards.

Thank you so much for the input, I will check out those suggestions.