Can't seem to change textures since Daz 4.10

I have a feeling it's just me being dumb but since I upgraded to Daz 4.10, I can't seem to change textures on hair or clothing, I have the item selected, double click the new material and nothing happens. Kinda guessing I'm missing something obvious but can't seem to figure it out. It was fine with 4.9 and has only occurred since upgrading to 4.10

Comments

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Some items I noticed you need to select it in the surfaces tab as well as scene tab for some reason.

• Materials preset or Shader preset? The former works with just the item selected, the latter requires the item and the target surfaces selected before the double-click.

• There are two ways to change textures, materials and shaders. The difference is that materials are made for a specific item (clothes, furniture, hair etc.) and include the particular surface names that appear in that item. Shaders are "general purpose"; they can be applied to any surface and don't include surface names, so you must select both the object in your scene and the surface on that object. It's usually easiest to switch to the Surfaces tool, this will select both the object and the surface at the same time.

Note that the label on the thumbnail in the Content tab will say either "Material" or "Shader".

• Ahh that's what it was, I wasn't selecting it the Scene Tab. Thank you so much for the help guys.