Just a curious question about dForce.

Since dForce is the beginning of a physics engine for DS, I know DAZ has plans to add other types of physics to its feature list in the future. However, I was wondering if other developers who make plugins for DS will be able to make use of dForce features or if dForce is its own, separate thing that can't be accessed from the outside. For example, if a person made a plugin like LAMH, could they use dForce gravity and wind to make it react naturally to such forces? As someone who isn't a programmer, I'm just curious of the possibilities that are available now that we have dForce.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

I believe the Change Log shows various elements of dForce being added to the scripting API, so I believe developers would be able to make use of them.

• QuasarQuasar Posts: 619

Thanks for the reply. It will be interesting to see if or what developers can do with it. 

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,135
    Quasar said:

Thanks for the reply. It will be interesting to see if or what developers can do with it. 

The PA Echvo has a thread going talking about the new Dforce hair utility they are working on right now, so we're already starting to see dforce expand