Custom Morph Doesn't Load After Saving?

bigD3dbigD3d Posts: 75

Hi and thanks in advance for reading.

I have G3F with a custom body morph that I made in ZBrush. I recently bought a G2F clothing item and want to morph the clothes so that they fit my custom body morph. I've done this process for other items and never encountered this issue until today. I've redone all my work for a second time and don't want to do it a third if possible, so i'm hoping someone can spot what I may be missing or what's going wrong. These are the steps I followed:

1) load my figure (saved as a scene subset).

2) load the clothing item from the vendor's folder like normal. Since it's a G2F item I get the auto-fit popup. I select Genesis 2 Female/None and the clothing autofits. My custom figure's morph shows in the clothing parameters as expected.

3) From Scene tab I Fit the clothing to None so that it is no longer a child of the figure, but my custom figure's morph still shows in the parameters (at zero percent).

4) Drag the clothing to the figure so it is a child, but not autofit. This is so I can export the figure and clothing together into ZBrush with GoZ

5) Select the figure and hit GoZ. In ZBrush do the altering to the clothing.

6) Go back to Daz and re-autofit the clothing

7) Got back to ZBrush and hit GoZ, making sure to rename the morph as the same name as my custom figure morph, pick my custom folder it is in, and set as Delta with ERC

8) Back in Daz the clothing changes as expected to my new morph from ZBrush - all is good so far.

9) File > Save As > Support Asset > Morph Asset(s). Fill in Vendor and Product and check the box for my morph

10) Save the scene

At this point I closed Daz and ZBrush, did other stuff, etc. When I came back a few hours later I opened the scene but the clothing looks like the autofit did before I saved my ZBrush morph. Thinking I messed something up and didn't save the morph asset correctly I checked the directory in my library but it was there under the Vendor/Product info I had used.

Not knowing what to do I deleted the directory where my morph was stored (my vendor folder, product folder, and the .dsf morph) and started completely from scratch.

At this moment I've repeated all my steps, my custom morph for the clothing looks exactly like I intend (did a better job the 2nd time lol), but i'm paranoid so I want to test stuff.

I have verified my morph asset is in the vendor/product folder under the data directory of the clothing item. I saved the clothing as both as a Wearable(s) Preset and as a Character Preset. I also exported the clothing as an OBJ (base resolution) using default settings and saved my ZBrush Document.

I then loaded another copy of the figure and applied the Wearable item, but it loads as if my morph isn't there and looks like the autofit again. I delete it and try the Character preset and it loads but pops up the autofit dialog. If I accept the autofit (G2 Female/None) it also looks like the autofit without my morph applied.

Now the kicker... this clothing item I bought has a top and bottom. The failing part is the top. I did all the same steps for the bottom - exactly the same - and the bottoms load just fine with my morph as a Wearable and look totally fine.

Any help anyone has would be appreciated!

Post edited by bigD3d on

Comments

• bigD3dbigD3d Posts: 75

I removed the [SOLVED] off the title as today after a pc reboot I loaded my scene and sure enough, the bottoms that worked last night don't apply the morph and the top, which didn't work at first now works. Seems like its random as to which one works or not, and only for some unknown reason they work at the same time.

I verified the folders and file name are correct for the name of the morphs, both .dsf files have the same timestamp from when they were saved last night.

Any thoughts to why the morphs apply sometimes and sometimes not?

thanks