Expand upon more WW2 vehicles, weapons and gear

I just picked up Polish's tanks. Great stuff.

I hope Polish and Luthbel read this. Please come up with Wehrmacht uniforms, MG42's with bipod and tripod. Make Russian stuff too, like T34 and SU122

On your infantry unfirom textures don't make them all sargents, staff sargets and other high rank staff nco's. Make private, and pfc rank textures too.

Great job on WW2 theme. Hope you both produce more. Thanks.

Comments

• PlantPlant Posts: 112

I'll second that German uniforms. They have some good one's at rendo but they are for M4

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

But please pay more attention to accuracy. Both tanks are a bit off, mostly in the gun mantles and tracks.

• I assume none of them have insides?

• SuSoleilSuSoleil Posts: 94
    edited November 2017
    Plant said:

I'll second that German uniforms. They have some good one's at rendo but they are for M4

Tannenbaum's German uniforms actually work pretty well on M4 if you use Wear Them All here at Daz. Also, kudoes to Polish for the tanks. Wish we had some aircraft to go with them (and parachute gear).

Post edited by SuSoleil on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    SuSoleil said:
    Plant said:

Tannenbaum's German uniforms actually work pretty well on M4 if you use Wear Them All here at Daz. Also, kudoes to Polish for the tanks. Wish we had some aircraft to go with them (and parachute gear).

Would be cool if we did get a WW2 pilot uniform. I have tons of aircraft, but uniforms would be great!

• nazi uniforms is a must have, just put it hidden with other textures on a single product but daz needs to have more trustable historic looks of everything

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,311
    edited November 2017

Seeing that I've already got quite some US gear/uniforms, I would prefer more british and or 'heer' (german army) uniforms, no need for more nazi-stuff, as that is already plenty available....

Edit to add... it would be nice if the uniform patches, badges, chevrons etc. would be easy to modify......

Post edited by glaseye on
  • I think what we tend to forget is that the average military unit in the German Army during WW2 did not always bear the dreaded Swastika insignia, though they may have had a flag of the Third Reich somewhere. Instead, most everything had the Balkenkreuz painted on it somewhere.

• Please keep the discussion on topic and avoid political and quasi political posting.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,321

Please keep the discussion on topic and avoid political and quasi political posting.

Was this a pre-emptive strike?
    Or is there something political above?
    All I see is historical information.

• Petercat said:

Please keep the discussion on topic and avoid political and quasi political posting.

Was this a pre-emptive strike?
    Or is there something political above?
    All I see is historical information.

A bunch of stuff got deleted.

• Petercat said:

But please pay more attention to accuracy. Both tanks are a bit off, mostly in the gun mantles and tracks.

Just noticed this thread, and just installed the German tank (which is actually a Tiger I) that I bought last week.

What exactly is "fully rigged" in the product page supposed to mean? The only things I can get to move are the turret rotating and what I think is the commander's turret hatch opening. That's it? I can't even elevate the gun.

• jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    Petercat said:

Just noticed this thread, and just installed the German tank (which is actually a Tiger I) that I bought last week.

What exactly is "fully rigged" in the product page supposed to mean? The only things I can get to move are the turret rotating and what I think is the commander's turret hatch opening. That's it? I can't even elevate the gun.

I noticed the same thing. However its still cool!

I would love to see the Sd.Kfz. 251 (Sonderkraftfahrzeug 251) half track and its variants sold on Daz. MG42 front and back mount options. Flamethrower option. The rocket or Stuka version. Soft top cover option. Rear door movement. Front tires turn. Mix that would geman infantry uniforms that would be awesome!

• ChallyIIChallyII Posts: 49
    edited November 2017
    Petercat said:

I was fully disapointed by this. No traverse in the hull gun, no elevation in the main gun, no other opening hatches, no morphs for the tracks. It's a beautiful model of course, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it, and equally glad I didn't pick up the Sherman.

Edit- and yeah, if someone could so some British uniforms for WW2 or indeed any other time periods, that'd be just grand.

Post edited by ChallyII on
  • jaxprogjaxprog Posts: 312
    ChallyII said:
    Petercat said:

I was fully disapointed by this. No traverse in the hull gun, no elevation in the main gun, no other opening hatches, no morphs for the tracks. It's a beautiful model of course, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it, and equally glad I didn't pick up the Sherman.

Edit- and yeah, if someone could so some British uniforms for WW2 or indeed any other time periods, that'd be just grand.

Its not a total loss. These tanks are great. I know it may require some work, but you might be able to add a new bone in the rigging so that turret barrel can adjust up and down. I am going to look into this and see what it looks like in the Daz's rigging tools. I recently purchased esha's rigging tutorials parts 4, 5 and 6 and I am reviewing them. There good tutorials and and I think such a modification would be easy, but I need look at the rigging on the tank again to see if the barrel is it own group or if a group can be added or modified.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    SuSoleil said:
    Plant said:

They are all 50% off right now for Black friday. Nice deal considering they hardly ever go on sale.

• YES, I WOULD BUY THIS TOO!

German (and why not Italian, Japs, Brit and Froggie Uniforms) in order to make our scenarios more balanced. Talking about balance, don't forget the female personnel too. Aircrew and Navy uniforms would be another big plus... but this would further demand a decent WW2 fighterplane and, let's say a PTB. Aircraft Carrier and Battleship (only Vignette) would be nice to have too.

AND YEEEEEEES, I would love to see a official PARACHUTE and gear I don't have to fiddle with non working old stuff!

I further notice that there is NO decent piece of Artillery (except a truely EXCELLENT AA-Gun). And no Halftrack, Bren Carrier or Hanomag.

• I'd like to see more of the following:

• Wheeled vehicles (jeeps, trucks, troop carriers)
    • Like somesaid above, more artillery (anti-tank - all participants)
    • Uniforms (British, Soviet, Japanese, French, etc)
    • Tanks/half-tracks (British, Soviet, Japanese) - Also, would like some that look like they've been destroyed (shell hit, and completely destroyed)

There used to be a site called gunpoint-3d, but they're no longer around

• Plant said:

Yeah... the Axis uniforms definately  need to be updated with good materials (read made for Iray) for the Gen 8 character is a definate on my list of things wanted.  Got that brilliant WW2 U.S. soldier... need some humans for them to be fighting with besides girls and knights.. LOL